HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - 103yd with Bow & Arrow in the wind??
View Single Post
Old 02-10-2007, 12:45 AM
BigJ71
Site Bouncer

Default RE: 103yd with Bow & Arrow in the wind??

ORIGINAL: Buster T

BigJ12 enjoy it while you can

I expect bowhunters to take shots they full well know they can make - THAT is what makes an ethical hunter, isn't it ? If you can make the shot, take it. He did, he made it.

Yes - its qutie simply as easy as that.

If anyone wants to question it ? Hey, he was out there to kill an animal, and he did it. 2 yards, 103 yards, crosswind, no wind .......... he had a fricking compound that could make the shot, he was fully capable of making it and he did it.

Use to, I'd probably have chapped him for it. No longer ........ it was his shot, he took it. Leave it at that. Its not the highest % shot in the world in my book, but he's 1 for 1 to my knowledge,shooting 100% success rate.

Hard to argue that, isn't it ?
Won't here an argue from me. I don't have a problem with the shot (if indeed it was a 103yd shot) if the archer is capable of doing it. For all I know that guy is a very accomplished and accurate archer/hunter at those distances.

What I didn't likewas the overtone of the whole "video" in thatthey would like everyone to believe that if you buy thatBOWyou toocan make thatshot when in reality it's the archer who makes the shot. All you need to do is listen to the last lines when the guy holding the arrow says "The X-force did the job"

It is funny though hearing the archer say"He didn't gofar with that arrow in him.....that's abig broadhead" Yet when he is drawing back the bow for the shot I don't ANY broadhead at all.

Again, it's just a very sad way to try andpublicize a bow.