Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 What say you about Silver lined clothing? >

What say you about Silver lined clothing?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What say you about Silver lined clothing?

Old 01-28-2007, 08:55 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: What say you about Silver lined clothing?

Can I say..... "SNAKE OIL".[8D][8D]
Old 01-29-2007, 05:29 AM
Dominant Buck

I have as much confidence in them as I do in carbon based garments, none. Silver does have antibacterial qualities according to my research, but cannot nuetralize L-Serine, the compound responsible for our unique "human odor". Hunt the wind.
Old 01-29-2007, 05:35 AM
Bartender

Check on zullo for me will ya?
I dont have time today 3rd shifter. Thanks
ORIGINAL: kevin1

I have as much confidence in them as I do in carbon based garments, none. Silver does have antibacterial qualities according to my research, but cannot nuetralize L-Serine, the compound responsible for our unique "human odor". Hunt the wind.
Old 01-29-2007, 06:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

http://www.nanohorizons.com/documents/Nano.SSFiberbg6.20Rev.pdf

I read this and things looked pretty good till I got to the bottom where they discussed the odor eliminating testing they had done.They left the results of that testing rather vauge and only mentioned testing done on two fabrics, wool and polyester.They went into no detail about the results except to say they were "Exceptionly effective" .They were tested on a 6 hour effectiveness time frame which is supposed to simulate real life situations.

And for that matter why buy the clothing when you can just make your own with this handy little washing machine

http://www.samsung.com/PressCenter/PressRelease/PressRelease.asp?seq=20060213_0000233684

All your clothing could be charged with silver Ions and nobody would ever have to take a bath againThink Ill stick with my other clothing for now, at least untill I need a new washing machine.
Old 01-29-2007, 07:03 AM
Dominant Buck

Well since the topic of peeing from your stand has been discussed over and over, with the general opinion that it doesn't bother deer, I'm going to form a self help group. I figure if we all gather at the trucks before entering the woods and piss on each other, we'll be set. No more worry about spooking deer. The perfect scent eliminator, "Pee On you Buddy". You got to admit, it might be better than Snake Oil.
Old 01-29-2007, 07:22 AM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: kevin1

Please list the gear you use, I want to hunt just like you I want to shoot all those booners you are shooting.
Old 01-29-2007, 07:47 AM
Typical Buck

I have a set of the X-scent stuff and like it. I tested it for myself by wearing the socks for 2 hunts in a row (without washing) and then taking a good healthy wiff. Did the same thing with my regular wool socks. I won't say that there was no odor in the X-scent, but it was very little. There was significantly more odor in the wool.
For the most part the conditions were the same: Temp, length of hunt, distance hiked to stand, etc. I realize this is not a scientific study, but they are my results.
Old 01-29-2007, 08:23 AM
Giant Nontypical

Just another money maker in my eyes.[:@]
Old 01-29-2007, 08:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

the science behind it makes sense to me too. I think it's more realistic then carbon since it doesn't have to be "re-charged" but I'm not to sure. I haven't tried it out for myself, so I can't really say anything about how effective it really is. The research and science behind it makes sense to me though.