Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Ghillie pics???? >

Ghillie pics????

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Ghillie pics????

Old 01-24-2007, 03:29 PM

Default Ghillie pics????

I'm starting my 07' ghillie suit tonight.
I figure it will take a couple of days to construct.
I was wondering if anyone else has "homemade camoflage"
I'd like to see some pics.....If you have any.
This will be my second suit...so we'll see.
I could use any tips ya'll have..Thanks much

[hr]
Old 01-24-2007, 04:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Ghillie pics????

Here are some pics of a ghillie suit jacketI made out left over camo. The leafy stuff is camo netting used by the military to hide tanks and other large objects, then there is thin and thick strips of burlap, I dont hunt with it to much just it tends to get caught on things, but i use it for paintball. It works pretty well.

Old 01-24-2007, 04:15 PM

I wish I still had pictures of the suit I made back in my paintball days.

It took me nearly 40 hours to complete, it was a piece of art by the time I was finished.

Volleyball net sewed to a BDU jacket and pants, raw burlap tied to the nettings, each strip individually frayed.

My fingers were sore by the end of day three.
Old 01-24-2007, 04:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Here is a link to a good discussion we had last month about them.

"Anybody make their own camo?"
Old 01-24-2007, 06:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

a buddy of mine just made one let me know how he did and if you can pick him out of the picture

Here is one of him next to a tree . I know the gun isn't camo but i just put the gun and the bag thereforreferance

here is a old jacket i was trying some camo on earlier so he would have somthing for the beginning of the season . He didn't have much money to buy anything

what do you think ? how did he do ?
Old 01-24-2007, 08:27 PM

Wow! my back is killing me...I just put in 3 hours and it looks like i'm getting nowhere...I'm about a quarter of the way down the back...I'm using Jute twine and tribrais yarn. It looks phenominal. I'll show some pics tomorrow night...I'm so excited yet so tired!
_____________----______----_______
by the way those pics were pretty good...I think we all like the "in the field photos" Great job guys!
Old 01-24-2007, 09:34 PM
Giant Nontypical

do some searches on google or whatever you use. when i was younger i wanted to build a ghille suit. i had 100 pages bookmarked. also look on sniper pages..there was a couple good ones i cant recall. ill try to break into my old PC when im home this weekend and dig up the links. i had a bunch of them..weather or not they are still on the PC or not i dont know but theres used to be a ton of info out there on it. they always amazed me. i dont care what pattern you use you will not beat a ghille suit. but between the orange requirements etc i never got around to making one..not real practical for my hunting. then again....i could get 250 inches of burlap...dye it blaze orange and sew that into my suit hmmmmm id even do 300inches..then when the game warden stops me i will tell him each piece is 10sq inches...count the orange ones and do the math but turkey and predator hunting etc they would be awesome..and can be made pretty cheaply..burlap is fairly cheap..netting is too. old camos can be picked up cheap if you dont have it laying around..one day ill get around to it...
Old 01-25-2007, 05:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

they do take a while but it is fun and worth it . on the ground i haven't seen anything that looks as good . For a bow you have to watch out that it doesnt catch on the bow string
Old 01-25-2007, 05:54 PM

that is a killer suit. Where can I get the burlap at? Great post, I can't waite to get one started.
Old 01-25-2007, 06:03 PM
Banned

I have a Rancho Safari Ghillie. Great product and I have the complete headgear to go with it. $180 but after hearing about you guys' work involved, I am glad I just bought it instead of making it.

Quick Reply: Ghillie pics????

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.