Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Allegiance serving seperation...? >

Allegiance serving seperation...?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Allegiance serving seperation...?

Old 01-15-2007, 08:58 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Allegiance serving seperation...?

Winners Choice

I agree with Greg, not to big of a deal
Old 01-15-2007, 08:59 PM

Yeah, fortunately for me I wasn't holding it when it happened. It was laying on my desk and it just... I don't even know, snapped I guess. I've still got a big dent in my wall from where the cam slammed into it when it happened.
Old 01-15-2007, 09:12 PM

I agree that it's probably not a big deal and will be fine for a back up string, but it shouldn't happen in the first place if it was made right.
Old 01-15-2007, 09:23 PM
Super Moderator

I wonder if they will take care of you since strings and cables aren't covered under warranty.
They very well may take care of it. My buddy had a set of cables on his Equalizer replaced by our dealer with no charge by Bowtech. He had shot this bow 3-4 months. All they wanted was the old cables to try to research the problem.
Old 01-15-2007, 09:25 PM

How quickly does Gibblet get his product out after ordering?
Old 01-15-2007, 09:50 PM

Upon closer inspection, I noticed this on the bottom cam;

Old 01-15-2007, 09:55 PM
Site Bouncer

Don't like the looks of that at all.[]

The first thing that struck me as odd is the placement of the separating serving. I guess I could understand if it was in the spot where the string takes the sharpest bend like over the draw module, but to have it start to separate right in the middle of the cam where it's not making a sharp bend at all IMHO is not good.

Then to top it off I really don't like the look of those loops.............make a call and send them pics to Bowtech.
Old 01-15-2007, 10:06 PM

I would just send a nice email to Bowtech with the pics attached letting them know of the problem. You may have caught a potentially fatal flaw in the that string. Bowtech will probably send you a different string. Good luck and keep us updated on what bowtech say's. I wouldn't shoot the bow again untill you get a new string on that bow. About 10 years ago, I had a string let loose on me when I was shooting and it destroyed everything. Good thing there wasn't anybody on either side of me. The limbs exploded and splinters flew everywhere. Good luck with everything.

Dan
Old 01-15-2007, 10:13 PM
Giant Nontypical

Dan, those last pics are a whole different story. I would definitely take that back to your dealer. Bowtech is known around the industry for having some of the best factory-made strings out there, and that is not up to standard.
Old 01-15-2007, 10:19 PM

Greg, I just sent this email to Bowtech;

I purchased a 2007 Allegiance from a Sportsman's Warehouse in Spokane, Washington a little over a week ago. I've shot the bow a couple hundred times since the purchase. While looking at the bow this evening I noticed that the serving around both the top and bottom cams was starting to seperate. Upon closer inspection of the bottom cam I noticed that the serving was not only seperating along one of the loops, but it also appeared to be frayed. After consulting with several friends I decided to send you an email and let you know of the problems I am experiencing. Due to the looks of the loop on the bottom cam I am a little gun shy so to speak when it comes to shooting this bow anytime soon.[/align][/align]I have included photos of both the top and bottom cams at the point of the seperation as well as pictures of the loop on the bottom cam. I would just like to know what you folks think should be done about this problem. You've made an excellent product and I hope that this issue can be resolved faily quickly.[/align][/align]Thanks in advance,[/align][/align]Dan Watts-Messick[/align][/align]I'll wait to hear back from them (hopefully tomorrow?) before I take it back into Sportsman's Warehouse.[/align]

Quick Reply: Allegiance serving seperation...?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.