Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Another here's my hunting spot. >

Another here's my hunting spot.

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Another here's my hunting spot.

Old 01-15-2007, 05:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Another here's my hunting spot.

Here's a rough arial of my property.

The yellow line is my property line. The green dots are my parents house and my uncles house. The orange field is a small food plot (most likely going to be clover/other mix this year). The blue highlighted field is simply pasture. The blue outlined field is a small clover plot. The area encircled in green was timbered back in 2002. The orange lines are a series of networking trails I discovered finally this post season, and the only reason I never bothered to look is because the entire area is heavy nasty cover. I followed them and found they all tend to lead to to points in the fields. The Light blue dots are spots I have marked for potential stand locations next fall. I feel that if I go down any further into the woods I will be pushing too hard on potential bedding areas (although I couldn't find any bedding sign during scouting). I put my trail camera up on the most westward blue dot a few weeks ago and there's plenty of deer still coming into the field (just after dark however). So I feel these are good starting points. Btw, the fields are corn/alfalfa, but the corn is planted so it borders the woodline. The green arrows is obviously the prevailing wind direction. The purple outline is put on there just because it's a source of frustration. It's an unplanted field on my neighbors land that deer flock to all year long (often in the middle of the day). The landowners are an older couple who strictly don't allow hunters, and the only thing I can think is that it's a sanctuary for the deer[&:] So any comments/suggestions?
Old 01-16-2007, 03:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Another here's my hunting spot.

No? No one?