Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Deer Camp / bowhunting pranks.... >

Deer Camp / bowhunting pranks....

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Deer Camp / bowhunting pranks....

Old 01-14-2007, 03:04 PM

Default Deer Camp / bowhunting pranks....

Let's hear them

How have you been "had" or gotten someone else?

I have a friend that planted chocolate covered raisins on the trail to where he knew he was going to be taking this rookie deer hunter. He placed them in a nice neat little "pile". When they got to that spot in the trail he carefully picked up a few raisins / poo's and sniffed them like fine wine explaining the fine art of following a deer trail and how fresh it must be according to the smell and the taste....wherein he promptly threw the poo's into his mouth swirling them like a fine port wine savouring the flavor/aroma in order to find the beast that they were tracking....the newbie turned green and my friend finally couldn't hold it anymore and told him what they were.....

Old 01-14-2007, 03:16 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Deer Camp / bowhunting pranks....

I placed a really big shed antler next to my friends stand. He found it and carried it around and bragged about it for the whole year. When deer season came he hunted the stand where he thought he was going to get a really big dear but he ended up with nothing.
Old 01-14-2007, 03:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Deer Camp / bowhunting pranks....

We were at the skinning shed one night an one of the younger guys had got adecent little buck, he had it on his 4 wheeler. Alan an I were standing there an there were severalpeople walking down the hill to the skinning shed. I had tied some fishing line on one of his antlers. Well, there were about seven or eight people standing around admiring the deer along with the boy that got the deer. I started taking up the slack in the line an pulled on it a little an it moved. Alan said the deer moved, everybody looked, an I Pulled it again an started backing up an started yanking on it you should have seen everybodys faces.