Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Come to my neck of the woods >

Come to my neck of the woods

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Come to my neck of the woods

Old 01-12-2007, 08:18 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Come to my neck of the woods

Myself i enjoy watching hunting videos, they realy get me going for the upcoming season and the other reason i enjoy them is the sige of the deer's antlers thier huge. Knowing were i hunt me seeing a deer with antlers that big might only happen once in a life time if that. If some one where to take me hunting where buck get that big i would be so stund i would just sit there with my mouth open thinking i have to be dreaming lol
Old 01-12-2007, 08:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

i agree that they mostly shoot big bucks only, but who would want to watch some hunting show were all guys shoot are 5 or 6 pointers....honestly i would not....they pay the big bucks to hunt the big bucks and have excellent guides!! that do all the work, but if you watch those shows a lot of time they are hunting all day in a tree stand 6 days straight before they kill the deer they need to kill....that is way more effort than i could put in, then having to go to your state to hunt and do the same thing all over again.....i give them props for that...
Old 01-12-2007, 09:27 PM
Giant Nontypical

probably something like 90% of all hunting videos and shows take place in a controlled enviroment of some sort. exspecially big buck hunts. weather its a bait pile thats not shown on camera in an area set up JUST for video purpose or whatever it is you dont see these big names hunting PA state game lands or anything like that. sure they may hunt the better states..less pressured states that grow the bigger bucks ect..but they still end up having the exclusiveness to take these bucks on film. how much movement does it take to get busted by a big ole mature whitetail? how much scent in an area before you throw the mature buck to high alert and out of the area??(i dont care what you use your going to leave and give off SOME scent) the answers are not much! how do they get these hunts of big mature bucks on film..one guy gotta get in position to shoot and draw his bow and make the shot..the 1 or more camera guys are all getting him on film as well as the hunter on film. thats going to take alot of movement on ALL parts. plus all their scent they give off and leave on the ground and trees...even with all the scent killers and suits ect youll never completely fool a whitetails nose..getting all them guys in an area without leaving or giving off scent would be nearly impossible..and whats 2+ guys sound like walking to stand? yep a herd of elephants. wait...they usually drop them off on ATVs or trucks...no mature buck i ever seen will stick around after all that.

after all that being said i wont lie..i still watch hunting shows and videos..something to pass the time...

some of these guys CAN hunt no doubt...but some of them arent anyone to look upto because they kill big bucks.

then you got the average guys videos that are excellent but never make TV because they dont got the money and sponsors and the big name to carry them..thats what i much rather see. i rather watch guys shoot 100" deer on state land or something of the like then in exclusive areas set up just to get big bucks on film ect.

another thing that i think about is a bit of their deer would be state records and maybe even higher records...i dont have the time or will to dig through all the records but i wonder how many are records...or if they are even elegable.

i love the shows where you can see the plastic ear tag in the deers ear they always make me laugh