Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Face masks

Old 01-10-2007, 11:41 PM

Default RE: Face masks

I wore one of those scent lock masks this year i really liked it but i pull the mouth and nose part down so i can feel where my anchor point is, i will pry try some different ones this year and just see what feels best for me.
Old 01-11-2007, 07:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: mobowhuntr

I wear a 3/4 mask....
Ditto. I used to use burnt cork to mark up my face, just too messy. The 3/4 mask I can just pull down if I want to, but its usually always up when im on stand. Its mesh too, so hearing and heat aren't an issue.
Old 01-11-2007, 09:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

i can not use one it throws off my shot.
Old 01-11-2007, 09:13 AM
Giant Nontypical

I use Cabela's Camoskinz facemask and gloves. Very tight fitting so it doesn't obstruct anything for me.
I hunting partner of mine wore one of those this year. I'm thinking of trying them out. Doesn't seem like it would hamper with anchors or get caught in the string. Any problem with hearing while wearing one? I don't like the rubber in teh gloves though. Black silk glove liners work well.

I used makeup for years. Much easier then paint.

Old 01-11-2007, 09:18 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: mobowhuntr

I wear a 3/4 mask....
As do I.
Old 01-11-2007, 10:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

I've always wore one while whitetail bowhunting or turkey hunting. While archery elk hunting off the groundI roll it up on my head then roll it downwhen I get set up on a bull coming in. Bears don't see so well, I usually just wear a stalking hat when hunting them in the spring.

Mine are the scent lok liners, with ear slits and 3-d leaf my wife has sewed on them.They work well for me.I practice shootingwith it on quite a bit.
Old 01-11-2007, 03:58 PM
Typical Buck

I also wear the Cabela's Camoskinz masks. To me they are the greatest thing, and trust me I looked at a bunch of them. I used to wear the old spando- flage masks. Then Cabelas started selling these babies and I have been using them ever since. I use the reg. weight ones for warm to cool weather and use the fleece lined for really cold weather. I have 3 of each of them and rotate them as I rotate my outfits for washing purposes
I can't stand a loose or floppy mask that keeps you from feeling your anchor point and gets in the way of your sting. These things are form fitting and thin enough to really feel like you don't even have one on. For me, they are the best that I have found.

Old 01-11-2007, 04:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

To tell you the truth, I used to wear facemasks all the time. But in the past few years, I stopped wearing them when I deer hunt and haven't looked back. I usually wear a camo hat, have a light scruffy beard, dark facial completion, and usually a tall neck gaiter or flaps from a jacket. IMO, a face mask seemedlikemore of ahasslethan the advantages received.And I figured that are more items that will scare a deer, before the 10X8 inches of a face does. But who knows, maybe someday I'll change.

Now when I'm turkey hunting, that's a different story.
Old 01-11-2007, 05:36 PM

I'm new at bow hunting this only being my second year. I wear glasses so anything that covers my nose causes my glasses to fog up if the temps are a little cool. I have a gaiter that I wear for warmth as much as for the camo. Ibought face paint but never used it. Since I shoot with a kisser button I have to have my mouth uncovered when I shoot. I had several deer within 15 yards of my stand this year and wasn't seen by them. I managed to get a button buck this year at 25 yards and my stand was only 12 feet high. There was very little cover in my stand but he still didn't see me. For me it is more about not moving or moving slowlywhilein my stand then having my face covered.
Old 01-11-2007, 05:39 PM

I wear a mask made MAD calls. It works really wellsince I have glasses.