Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Peeing From Your Stand >

Peeing From Your Stand

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Peeing From Your Stand

Old 01-09-2007, 03:45 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Peeing From Your Stand

no I don't pee, I try not to sweat, I make sure they can't smell my breath, no chapstick, nothing........whats the point of doing so much scent preperation to piss where your hunting???!?

Old 01-09-2007, 03:54 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Dr Andy

I've heard you can pee in a buck's scrape and really pi$$ him off!
I pee from my stand and have seen deer. I also did an experiment this year on a scrape line that I hunted. I picked the scrape closest to where I was hunting and peed in it everytime I got out of my stand to go home. That scrape was hit the hardest for the longest, sucks that all the activity was at night. It really seemed that it worked them up good on that scrape though.
Old 01-09-2007, 05:57 PM

Hey everyone, new to the forum and a first time hunter for the 2006 deer season. I actually have experiene with this. My first time hunting on 11/15/06I was sittingin a ground blind and had gone out the back twice to relieve myself about two foot from the blind.

I was sitting there around 10;30am and saw 2 doe and 2 fawn coming in from the left side about 10 foot in front of the blind. What an awaesome experience for my first day of hunting. I was soamazed that I never raised my rifle.

Anyway, after all four kinda spent a few minutes checking the blind out they continued on their way past the blind. I could see one of the does spliiting off and heading towards the back of the blind.

Within minutes, I heard sniffing behind the blind whereI had relieved myself. The doe was actually back their sniffing for about 5 minutes, or at least it seemd that long.

In my opinion, this does not prevent deer from coming around, heck maybe it helps.

I did actaully shoot a doe later around 1:00 pm. What an awesome first day and I am know hooked on hunting forever.

Sorry for rambliing, thanks for listening.

Old 01-09-2007, 06:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

well i have never done it but would not unless you had to really bad.
Old 01-09-2007, 06:12 PM

Just don't get any on your rubber boots!!
Old 01-09-2007, 06:28 PM
Typical Buck

I pee from my stand . Shot a doe at about 15 yards opening day and could have filled another tag the 2nd day but I was hoping she would go down the trail by my son . This fella walked right over to the ladder stand to check things out . He looked up when I went to take his pic with the Bino-Cam and slowly walked down into the gulley .

http://i1.tinypic.com/2saj6o4.jpg
Old 01-09-2007, 06:54 PM

This season was my first and on the second day of hunting Ikilled a buck while taking a leak with a cigarette hangin out my mouth. Well not exactly but it was only about 10 minutes after releaving myself and having a smoke break.
Old 01-09-2007, 07:39 PM
Giant Nontypical

I dont like to but i have. i forget my bottle sometimes. Tip: play the wind when peeing from a stand.
Dan
Old 01-09-2007, 07:54 PM

I only go if I really can't hold itany longer. I doubt it will spook a deer unless he sees me,because chemically urine is all the same.
I would be skeptical of relieving myself if I was on some kind of medication or vitamins. It changes urine color and may cause an unnatural odor as well.
Old 01-09-2007, 08:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

I always carry a piss bottle. I can't see the point of doing all the scent control stuff and then pissing under my stand. Seems kind of lazy to me. If I can smell it, I'm pretty sure the deer can, too.

I've also heard the point that a hunter gets winded a lot of times and doesn't know it.

Just because some does or button bucks come around curiously smelling where you pissed, what makes you think a big buck didn't smell it down wind and went the other way?

I will never piss from my stand.

Quick Reply: Peeing From Your Stand

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.