Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Peep Sights

Old 01-05-2007, 08:36 AM
Fork Horn

Default Peep Sights

I have a problem with my peep sight. I think what is happening is that in the heat of the moment, while shooting at game, I am using the wrong eye to aim with the pins. It only happens in low light when its harder to see through the peep. I have had my peep sight drilled out to a bigger hole. Now that I know what is happening, I can watch out for it, but I wonder if there is a better way.

I could close my left eye, but I am afraid I might forget, and I want to watch the arrow flight. I was wondering if there are alternatives to a peep sight that still give good accuracy, or if there is something else I can do.

Old 01-05-2007, 10:17 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Peep Sights

Put a kisser button on and shoot without a peep. The kisser will help you achieve your exact same anchor point and as long as you are consistant with your form, you don't need a peep. Kisser in corner of the mouth, string on the tip of your nose, sight pin on target and release.
May be worth giving a try.
Old 01-05-2007, 12:44 PM
Fork Horn

after searching I might try a no peep
Old 01-05-2007, 12:50 PM
Giant Nontypical

Prairie.. are you sure that in your attempt to watch the arrow flight, you're not dropping out of the shot? By this I mean not following through properly? Try and maintain your posture and hold your form. As you know once the arrow is released you can't control anything. Trust your "practice" has paid off and theshot is true and try and pose like a pro. You'll still see your arrow impact through your site. Good Luck
Old 01-05-2007, 02:36 PM

I love my No-Peep and it is really great in low light conditions.
Old 01-05-2007, 03:32 PM

ORIGINAL: Prairie Wolf

after searching I might try a no peep
I just ordered one....I'll be posting a review sometime next week, and aninstallation thread. Be on the look out for it.
Old 01-05-2007, 04:30 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: mobowhuntr

I just ordered one....I'll be posting a review sometime next week, and aninstallation thread. Be on the look out for it.
Thanks, I will.

GR8, I am not completely sure what is happening, except that my shots on game haven't been too good, while my practice shots are fine. It isn't like I get enough shots on game to know exactily what is happening. I don't think it is my follow through, I haven't had much trounble with that, my theory is that it had to do with low light. I think I was seeing the pins with my left eye, while the right eye couldn't see it due to the low light. In the heat of the moment I wasn't noticing this. When I practice, in normal light, I could see fine. In other words, the left eye takes over when the right eye is impaired by the low light. I think getting rid of the peep will solve it.