Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Would you take this shot??? >

Would you take this shot???

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Would you take this shot???

Old 01-03-2007, 04:33 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Would you take this shot???

No, I would of let it turn more or walk. Just not big on gut shots. I like the two lung shot much better.
Old 01-03-2007, 04:34 PM
Dominant Buck

Claim is one lung. This is his first deer.

Old 01-03-2007, 04:36 PM

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

Claim is one lung. This is his first deer.

I was going to say this is possibly someone's first deer or first attempt to make a shot on a deer. Either way it's dead and he still has the other side of the rear for meat
Old 01-03-2007, 04:40 PM
Spike

No, I would not take that shot. I would be more worried about not having an exit hole, and then having a hard blood trail to follow. Looks like it did the job though.
Old 01-03-2007, 04:47 PM

NO, I would not even think about taking that shot. It seems pretty foolish to me. That arrow could have easily not hit its mark and then you would have one suffering deer. He might as well had sent that arrow straight up the deer's azz if taking those kind of shots.

A kidney shot is a lethal shot. If thats all I had; I would not take that shoteither.[&:]

Just because something is a lethal hit doesn't mean you should aim for it.
Old 01-03-2007, 04:51 PM
Fork Horn

Heck I dont even like taking a quartering too shot. I like em broadside or slightly quartering away.

Thats asking for trouble, was it a mistake.. ie.... hit a branch or something?

I like to eat the loins too much, that shot would make em taste like a rotten catfish LOL
Old 01-03-2007, 04:57 PM

i bet it was a quarting away shot and messed it up
Old 01-03-2007, 05:00 PM

ORIGINAL: terbzz

i bet it was a quarting away shot and messed it up
Thats another possibility but thats not how I read the posts. Supposedly, thats the only shot that was available???

EDIT: I actually take the abovestatement back. That would be one helluva of a quartering away shot.
Old 01-03-2007, 05:01 PM

I would absolutely not take that shot and for a couple reasons. One, because I simply would not take a shot like that and two, because two years ago, a freind of mine called me and said he had just shot a buck. He wanted to know if I would go help him track it. (he had little tracking experience) After talking to him about the shot, etc., I told him he did the right thing by leaving it sit for a while and agrees to go help him track it. By the time I got there, it was a good couple hours after he shot it. Well, to make a long story short, there certainly was a HUGE blood trail to follow but let me tell you, when I came upon that deer and found it, right at that moment it made me sick and also made me regret getting this person into this sport. The arrow was exactly like the one in this posts picture. You could clearly see where the deer had laid there for quite some time, bleeding, and obviously suffering, then finally died. There was lots of snow on the ground which made it that much easier to see this. Just picturing in my head, this deer lying there suffering like that, with this arrow sticking out of his rear, was absolutely sickening. Not to mention the smell. I could hardly stand it so you know it was bad.

I hope I NEVER have to witness anything like that again. I realize I'm a hunter but that is something that could have easily been avoided.
Old 01-03-2007, 05:22 PM

okay, you are NOT showing us a shot - you are showing us a HIT

big difference - anyone who's bowhunted knows that deer can move, jump, the arrows can deflect, the shots can look different than they are ......... I have NO IDEA of knowing what "shot" was offered or taken, thus I cannot say one way or the other IF I'd have taken it !

as for that hit ? it'll kill a deer everytime IMO because it got deep penetration, certainly live and lung and everything in between femoral artery and lung. Deadly shot, nasty to clean that deer I bet.

Quick Reply: Would you take this shot???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.