HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Would you take this shot???
View Single Post
Old 01-03-2007, 04:01 PM
animalized

Default RE: Would you take this shot???

I would absolutely not take that shot and for a couple reasons. One, because I simply would not take a shot like that and two, because two years ago, a freind of mine called me and said he had just shot a buck. He wanted to know if I would go help him track it. (he had little tracking experience) After talking to him about the shot, etc., I told him he did the right thing by leaving it sit for a while and agrees to go help him track it. By the time I got there, it was a good couple hours after he shot it. Well, to make a long story short, there certainly was a HUGE blood trail to follow but let me tell you, when I came upon that deer and found it, right at that moment it made me sick and also made me regret getting this person into this sport. The arrow was exactly like the one in this posts picture. You could clearly see where the deer had laid there for quite some time, bleeding, and obviously suffering, then finally died. There was lots of snow on the ground which made it that much easier to see this. Just picturing in my head, this deer lying there suffering like that, with this arrow sticking out of his rear, was absolutely sickening. Not to mention the smell. I could hardly stand it so you know it was bad.

I hope I NEVER have to witness anything like that again. I realize I'm a hunter but that is something that could have easily been avoided.