Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Scouting Questions(plz help:)) >

Scouting Questions(plz help:))

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Scouting Questions(plz help:))

Old 01-02-2007, 09:10 PM

Default RE: Scouting Questions(plz help:))

If any part of the land is rocky, the cattle tend to stay away from rocky area's because of the fear to brake a leg. Iknow that many of you may disagree with me on this one but I have hunted alot of different property's with cattle and have found that if there is alot of bigger rocks in a condensed area the cattle tend to stay away from them and the deer tend to travel though these area's. Once in a while I would have one dumb one attempt to cross, but it would alway's fall on it's butt. Try to scout for these area's. The cattle don't bother the deer to bad, but the deer tended to stay in those area's of the land, ratherthan in the middle of were the cattle was. Hope it helps out. Also, when the bucks begin to drop there Antlers travel the trails that you think the deer are traveling on. You might catch a shed here and there, especially where they are crossing the fense, as they sometime's tend to fall off when they jump the fence's. Good luck, it took me about 3 years to really figure that out.