Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 your repair/bow shop >

your repair/bow shop

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

your repair/bow shop

Old 12-29-2006, 09:35 AM
Typical Buck

Default your repair/bow shop

I'm thinking about adding on to my house sometime next year and since I'm into archery I was thinking about setting up an area in the corner where I adjust my bow, make arrows, etc. etc. what are some absolute necessities that I should look into purchasing? I know someone here has this type of set up so if you could post some pictures of your area that would be great. Thanks for all of your help.
Old 12-29-2006, 10:02 AM

Default RE: your repair/bow shop

well alot of the proshop's around here has bow press's, an alot of alankeys toolboxes, maybe a nice stainless steel table an a wooded wall with 4 or 5 bag targets infront of it set at 20-30 yards.. that would be nice an start charging 5 dallars for sighting in the bow's to make a investment.. an then you can get some of your money back that you spent to make it.. thats some thoughts.. goodluck
Old 12-29-2006, 04:40 PM

Bow press, bow vice, levels, lasers, arrow cut off saw, nocking pliers, nock sets, allen wrenches, screwdrivers, string wax, exacto knife, lighter, serving and serving tool, Xtra peep sights, Xtra kisser buttons, string silencers, .........Just to name a few.....
Old 12-29-2006, 04:47 PM

i was thinking about this too. depends on how much you work on your bow or arrows. i hardly ever change my bow or have a need for a bow press ( which are like $300 anyway). i mainly change arrows, which all you need for that is a $40 single fletcher and a $100 arrow saw. get some arrow glue, vanes, xtra nocks, xtra inserts, and a vane stripper. This way you can simply buy arrow shafts and set them up the way YOU like them. shafts are cheaper than fletched arrows anyway. if you dont have room for a indoor 30 yard range just get a few targets for in your yard outside. what you get just depends on how deep you want to dig into your pocket, and what you plan on using this setup for.