Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 A positive story re: non-hunters! >

A positive story re: non-hunters!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

A positive story re: non-hunters!

Old 12-20-2006, 11:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default A positive story re: non-hunters!

I work in a professional environment as a Manager and 95% of the folks that work for me are women. I have only been with this company for a little better than a month, but everyone here knows what my passion is.

Nobody else here hunts nor do they have husbands that hunt. 2 of the women that work here are die hard anti-huntingliberals. I have had a few conversations about why I hunt and my relationship with the game I persue and what it really means to me. I have even shown them pictures of Deer that I have killed this year. The funny part is we both agreedthat they are beautiful animals and I think they were surprised by my loveand adoration for them.

Within a month 2 very positive things have happened.

#1 In conversation.......Iwas offered the opportunity to hunt on 2 farms from one of my associates. Her husband and fatherhave 50 and 60 acres that is not huntedhere in central KY.

#2 Today everyone pitched in and bought me a Moose lamp for my office for Christmas. Granted they really did not know the difference from a whitetail and a Moose, butthey knew it was a game animal that is hunted and just the thought of them buying that for me blew me away. They even said that I need to keep and outdoor theme going in my office!

Now some of them are asking me to bring some deer meat in for them to try.

I just thought I'd share this story sincea lot of timesall we hear is about the negative responses to what we do.

Old 12-20-2006, 11:39 AM

Default RE: A positive story re: non-hunters!

Good Story, its great that they are understanding of you and your passions. You found a good bunch!
Old 12-20-2006, 11:49 AM
Typical Buck

That is awesome Gus!! I work in sort of the same enviorment, but everyone here thinks I'm a savage! Probably cause we had a pig out about 10 years ago(everyone brings in a homemade dish) and I made venison and bear stew. Taped to the crock-pot was a picture of Bambi and Winnie the Pooh, and labeled "Bambi and Poo stew"...I guess they didn't like my sense of humor...but the whole crock pot was empty at the end of lunch
Old 12-20-2006, 12:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Great story Gus..sounds like you've handled your situation the right way. I'm lucky enough to work with a office building full of non hunters but no anti's. That leaves October and November clear for me for vacation.
Old 12-20-2006, 01:05 PM
Dominant Buck

I'll tell ya......I've turned more people into venison lovers by giving them samples of Lisa's venison sausage/chees balls.

Hard to beat......

Lisa and I have a friend who's a yoga instructor....and she is a HUGE animal lover. I've read the bowhunter's prayer to her......and also informed her of how cruel nature can be. She understands me.

I think your folks are beginning to understand you.

I went home on a different route, today.....and I had a deer come BOUNDING into the roadway from my right. 5 seconds later.....and we have a problem. ALL I could think about was the deer skinning it's leg on the road as it slid a little before getting back up. I hope it wasn't hurting. We don't get credit for the love we have for these and most ANY animals. I love them, dearly.

Merry christmas.

Jeff
Old 12-20-2006, 01:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

You need to take several of your best venison dishes to work. Also, take your best recipe of deer jerky. Just take a little to let them sample.

My daughter takes deer jerky to school and her friends go nuts. She says that word spreads throughout the school when she has jerky. Kids ( girls too) come up to her in the hall between classes, asking for some.

I think once they sample some of these dishes, they will no longer question you hunting.

Who knows, they may encourage husbands, boyfriends or brothers to take up hunting.
Old 12-20-2006, 01:50 PM
Giant Nontypical

Sounds great. Getting a positive message out to non-hunters is very important. Great job.
Old 12-20-2006, 02:20 PM

Awesme Gus...It's nice to know that they are willing to accept other lifestyles and passions that they may disagree with. I wish more people could get the hang of the idea...the world would be a better place.
Old 12-20-2006, 02:23 PM
Boone & Crockett

Great story HG, a well needed good story to say the least. Kudo's to you and it will probably open more doors in the future. Keep up the great work, you get it.
Old 12-20-2006, 04:10 PM
Giant Nontypical

Good story Gus, thats being a "Responsible" hunter

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.