HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - A positive story re: non-hunters!
View Single Post
Old 12-20-2006, 11:32 AM
HuntinGUS
Nontypical Buck

Default A positive story re: non-hunters!

I work in a professional environment as a Manager and 95% of the folks that work for me are women. I have only been with this company for a little better than a month, but everyone here knows what my passion is.

Nobody else here hunts nor do they have husbands that hunt. 2 of the women that work here are die hard anti-huntingliberals. I have had a few conversations about why I hunt and my relationship with the game I persue and what it really means to me. I have even shown them pictures of Deer that I have killed this year. The funny part is we both agreedthat they are beautiful animals and I think they were surprised by my loveand adoration for them.

Within a month 2 very positive things have happened.

#1 In conversation.......Iwas offered the opportunity to hunt on 2 farms from one of my associates. Her husband and fatherhave 50 and 60 acres that is not huntedhere in central KY.

#2 Today everyone pitched in and bought me a Moose lamp for my office for Christmas. Granted they really did not know the difference from a whitetail and a Moose, butthey knew it was a game animal that is hunted and just the thought of them buying that for me blew me away. They even said that I need to keep and outdoor theme going in my office!

Now some of them are asking me to bring some deer meat in for them to try.

I just thought I'd share this story sincea lot of timesall we hear is about the negative responses to what we do.