Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 What Would You Do? >

What Would You Do?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What Would You Do?

Old 12-18-2006, 07:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default What Would You Do?

I want to see what the general response is before I post the outcome.

Say you out riding your dirtbike one weekend and almost run over a very nice buck laying in the middle of a trail. When you bo back to check it out you see that it is still alive but in very bad shape. It is very skinny, having trouble holding it's head up, and you can see a large very infected hole in the back of its neck from about fifteen yards away. It just lays there and looks at you.

Here is the dilemma. It is in city limits. You can hunt in the city with a bow, but not on weekends. Also, you have used both of your city tags.

What would you do?

Old 12-18-2006, 07:46 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: What Would You Do?

Call the game warden and explain the situation. They would have the authority to allow you to shoot the deer and I believe that in most states they have tags they can issue you for a "humane kill" so it won't count against your regular tag.
Old 12-18-2006, 07:47 AM
Fork Horn

Call the game wardern
Old 12-18-2006, 07:50 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: NavyDeerHunter

Call the game warden and explain the situation. They would have the authority to allow you to shoot the deer and I believe that in most states they have tags they can issue you for a "humane kill" so it won't count against your regular tag.

Ditto!
Old 12-18-2006, 07:55 AM
Typical Buck

Same as above...call the game warden. They'll probably kill it and let you claim it.
Old 12-18-2006, 07:58 AM

I would call the game warden.

Germ might try to spoon him.

I'm just sayin
Old 12-18-2006, 08:02 AM
Dominant Buck

Here's where I get off the beaten path.

The FIRST thing I'm gonna do is dispatch the animal. THEN....I'll call Chris (game warden). I'd tell him the scenario that unfolded....and roll with the punches.

Just as "ethics" is doing the right thing ....even when doing the wrong thing isn't against the law.......it has a transverse.

I'm dispatching that animal, first.

Jeff
Old 12-18-2006, 08:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

I would have introduced him to the knife.
Old 12-18-2006, 08:09 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: SBGobblers
I'm dispatching that animal, first.
I hate to see an animal suffer, but without that game warden telling me to take it out, it's not worth me losing my hunting license for a year. A call to the warden will only take a minute. You pop it first and you get a warden that's having a bad day, you just got cited for poaching. Sucks, but that is the reality of it.
Old 12-18-2006, 08:16 AM
Dominant Buck

I also know my game warden. He'd simply tell me "thanks"....and then we'd figure out what to do with the dispatched animal when he got there. That's me personally, though. You guys have to figure out what's right, for your individual circumstances.

Jeff

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.