Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 What Would You Do? >

What Would You Do?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What Would You Do?

Old 12-18-2006, 08:30 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: What Would You Do?

I'm with you SB, killing the animal would be the humane thing to do, but I doubt most of us are on a first name basis with our GW. Hell, around here they are just waiting on a reason to haul someone in and this would be the perfect opportunity.

ORIGINAL: SBGobblers

I also know my game warden. He'd simply tell me "thanks"....and then we'd figure out what to do with the dispatched animal when he got there. That's me personally, though. You guys have to figure out what's right, for your individual circumstances.

Jeff
Old 12-18-2006, 10:21 AM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: SBGobblers

I also know my game warden. He'd simply tell me "thanks"....and then we'd figure out what to do with the dispatched animal when he got there. That's me personally, though. You guys have to figure out what's right, for your individual circumstances.

Jeff
That is a good relationship to have, unfortunately in PA and without knowing the warden personally, which I do (contacted him for reasons about tracking etc..) I would make the call first, dispatch second. It'd only be a matter of minutes to that fact, that is if I'm certain the animal will not survive. They are remarkable and I've seen them go against the odds more than once.
Old 12-18-2006, 10:25 AM

Call the game warden andlet them issue a tag for it.
Old 12-18-2006, 11:36 AM
Spike

I go with calling the game warden. Let the game warden make the call.
Old 12-18-2006, 11:46 AM

well i have came up on a deer like that befor but it wasnt hunting grounds you couldnt hunt this but i guess someone was an i called the Gw they said they would be out to look at the deer in a hour or so i waited 6 hours at my house about a 100 yards away still with the buck in view i called back they said they would be out no1 ever came out so when night fall hit i went back with a flash light to see if the deer was still alive if i found the deer alive my choice was call the police an have them put it out or take my 357 an put it out my self so as i entered the woods i heard or seen nothing but i shined the flash light up on the deer it was dead walked up poked it with a stick i didnt wanna spook it an get messed up but i went and seen it was dead gutted it out and dragged it out their is no law on taken a dead deer out the woods if u have no weapons no matter what they think nothing really they can do if you did not shoot it i have been stoped but dnr befor while walking threw the woods an found deer not bloated an gutted it out an dragged it an dnr said nothing but ask me what happed and i told him the truth so u have many opions pick your best an rule your last out
Old 12-18-2006, 11:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm going to shoot first and ask the warden later. Down here that's usually the thing to do. Of course if I was in a northern state or a stste where the wardens were the kind that liked to write people up, I'd probably be more cautious.
Old 12-18-2006, 12:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

Punctuation?
Old 12-18-2006, 12:52 PM
Dominant Buck

Punctuation?
That's why we like you, Killer.....you're SO subtle!

lol

Jeff
Old 12-18-2006, 01:11 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Monsterhunter0021

well i have came up on a deer like that befor but it wasnt hunting grounds you couldnt hunt this but i guess someone was an i called the Gw they said they would be out to look at the deer in a hour or so i waited 6 hours at my house about a 100 yards away still with the buck in view i called back they said they would be out no1 ever came out so when night fall hit i went back with a flash light to see if the deer was still alive if i found the deer alive my choice was call the police an have them put it out or take my 357 an put it out my self so as i entered the woods i heard or seen nothing but i shined the flash light up on the deer it was dead walked up poked it with a stick i didnt wanna spook it an get messed up but i went and seen it was dead gutted it out and dragged it out their is no law on taken a dead deer out the woods if u have no weapons no matter what they think nothing really they can do if you did not shoot it i have been stoped but dnr befor while walking threw the woods an found deer not bloated an gutted it out an dragged it an dnr said nothing but ask me what happed and i told him the truth so u have many opions pick your best an rule your last out
-TEMPORARY THREAD HIJACK BEGIN-

Monsterhunter0021,
I am NOT trying to be a jack@**, but I don't even bother trying to read your posts anymore because it is like one big jumbled up bunch of words. I am not a teacher or an english major. We all make mistakes, but I think I speak for more than myself when I ask you to please try using a little punctuation in your posts. If nothing else just throw in a period every now and again. More people will attempt to readyour postsand take you more serious. Sorry if I offended you in ANY way.

Thank you,
Jacob P.

-TEMPORARY THREAD HIJACK OVER-
Old 12-18-2006, 01:19 PM
Giant Nontypical

Amen

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.