Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Who are you teaching to hunt? >

Who are you teaching to hunt?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Who are you teaching to hunt?

Old 12-15-2006, 08:23 PM

Default RE: Who are you teaching to hunt?

Hopefully a lot of people. I know that a lot of people that think going on a guided trip is not hunting, but shooting. Being a bear, deer and fishing guide, I kinda resent that. Whenever I take a client hunting or fishing I try to teach them why I do what I am doing, why I set stands where I do, about the animals behavior. The list goes on and on. Hopefully they take home some knowledge and not just an animal.

Also, I would be a fool to say that I never learned anything from them as well.
Old 12-16-2006, 05:35 AM

Default RE: Who are you teaching to hunt?

ORIGINAL: jones123

From a post I put in the Big Game section a couple weeks ago. This is my son's Venture Scout Crew (BSA) that I took this past season. Five boys got six deer. Boy Scouting is coming out witha hunting merit badge.

These are all rifle (as you can see), but next year we are going for archery elk. I liked the question, so Ihope nobody minds rifle shots ina bowhunting thread.

I've read everyone's post so far. I am very impressed with all of you. Looks like the future of hunting is in good hands.

Great pics of the scout group jones123.