Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 question about afternoon hunting... >

question about afternoon hunting...

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

question about afternoon hunting...

Old 12-13-2006, 04:25 PM

Default question about afternoon hunting...

hey fellas. havent been around in a while. Quick question of opinion: I have an exam tomarrow at 8:00, it will last until probably 930-10am. I hunt about 30 minutes away. I must be at work by 3:30 pm. basically, my question is do you think its worth it to leave after my test (get to hunting ground around 1030-11am, and then hunt until about 1:30-2pm and then go home and go to work? how successful have you guys been when coming in the woodsaround 11-noon and hunting for a few hours...do the deer move alot still? It just seems that people dont like hunting those middle few hours of the day, im jw. thanks alot, im sure theres alot of different opinions, so whats yours? thanks alot guys
Old 12-13-2006, 04:34 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: question about afternoon hunting...

It wouldn't hurt to try who knows you might be in the right place at the right time.
Can't fill your freezer or put meat on the table if you don't go out and give it a shot.
Old 12-13-2006, 04:38 PM

good point. i guess deer can be killed at any time, it just depends on the situation. just seems like early morning and late evening at the times they are running everywhere. how many peopler have good luck during those middle of the day hours? thanks again guys
Old 12-13-2006, 04:39 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: geterdun2

hey fellas. havent been around in a while. Quick question of opinion: I have an exam tomarrow at 8:00, it will last until probably 930-10am. I hunt about 30 minutes away. I must be at work by 3:30 pm. basically, my question is do you think its worth it to leave after my test (get to hunting ground around 1030-11am, and then hunt until about 1:30-2pm and then go home and go to work? how successful have you guys been when coming in the woodsaround 11-noon and hunting for a few hours...do the deer move alot still? It just seems that people dont like hunting those middle few hours of the day, im jw. thanks alot, im sure theres alot of different opinions, so whats yours? thanks alot guys
These are the times I hunt most of the season. I am a full time student/dad that is taking care of things while my wife is a Drill Instructor. So most of my hunting is from 8:30 am to about 2:30/3:00pm when I get to go. That is when I have seen all of the deer I have seen (not that it was alot, but saw deer almost everytime I went out so far) and killed a deer during these hours. So I would say yes- GO FOR IT!!!
Old 12-13-2006, 05:58 PM

yea i qillprobably go, even if its just for 3 hours, i cant kill ne thing at home,thanks alot
Old 12-13-2006, 06:01 PM
Giant Nontypical

Good luck to you , hope you get one.
Old 12-13-2006, 06:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

go for it sometimes you get lucky and your not there long and the deer walks in .Nothing ventured nothing gained