Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

buck roar?

Old 12-13-2006, 06:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: buck roar?

I had good luck with my Buck Growl. You can just grunt with it if you want. There are far more versatile calls on the market, but I'll continue to carry mine. I was very skeptical of the Growl, but it worked once, thats all I needed from it.

Old 12-13-2006, 06:27 AM
Fork Horn

My cousin bought the buck roar and he grunted in 2 or 3 bucks every night during the rut..he said it was awesome!!!
Old 12-13-2006, 06:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

Sounds like mom and dad are a couple of tight a$$es. All they will spring for is a 10 dollar call.

I used the buck roar and like it.
Old 12-13-2006, 07:16 AM

there not tight they just dont want to buy a bow or a ml
Old 12-13-2006, 07:25 AM
Dominant Buck

If you were my son.....I'd talk you into letting me buy you more arrows.....a treestand......or something I thought you might get some use out of. Our buck/doe ratio might not be what yous is.....but a buck here would be a dumb to leave his area to fight for a doe when there's 5 in his thicket! Also....I've never heard a buck "growl" or "roar". Chances are my herd hasn't, either.

I'm not saying they don't work. Heck.....I'm sure they do (or people THINK they do). Same as buck bombs/c'mere deer......(& realtree hardwwods 'll make you VANISH!!...lol).

Jeff
Old 12-13-2006, 07:26 AM
Dominant Buck

sorry for the double post.
Old 12-13-2006, 07:28 AM

are buck doe ratio aint very good here i thought about a tree stand but my dads theory is that trees are made to look at not hunt in but i still doi have 2 homemade ones but i want a good one
Old 12-13-2006, 07:29 AM
Fork Horn

I heard the new buck roar/growl calls have the deer trained to think corn is under your stand.....do you like bait hunting????

On a serious note I would ask for some new boots or a treestand that is on sale. Or keep pushing for the muzzle loader. I bought one that was on sale last week and let me tell you that is some fun! Do a bunch of yard work and things that you are not asked to do and keep doing it, they will break down.
Old 12-13-2006, 07:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have the buck roar, and couldn't get it to work for me. Three times I had bucks just out of range, twice they were by themselves. When I 'roared', they would stop and look, but then but their head down and keep walking.

Maybe a 'hot' doe walked through earlier, I don't know. But I would recommend getting a True Talker and the can (if you don't already have one). I have had ALL kinds of luck using these two....especially together.
Old 12-13-2006, 07:39 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: terbzz

i thought about a tree stand but my dads theory is that trees are made to look at not hunt in
Sounds like you are fighting a hard battle.....

Quick Reply: buck roar?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.