Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 HSUS strikes close to home! >

HSUS strikes close to home!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

HSUS strikes close to home!

Old 12-09-2006, 08:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default HSUS strikes close to home!

I'm in my buddy's watering hole in downtown Chicago last night. He's the owner. I go to use the facilities and right there in my face at the urinal is an ad for the HSUS. I figured my friend doesn't know about it,the place is loaded with all kinds of mounts from his own adventures,elk deer bear goats etc. Well I call him up and he indeed did not know anything about it and authorized me to remove the offensive material, which I promptly did. He said he would speak tothe ad firm to make sure it doesn't happen again. One small insignificant victory for our side!
Old 12-09-2006, 08:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: HSUS strikes close to home!

HSUS???? Lost me there Andy.
Old 12-09-2006, 08:31 AM
Fork Horn

Humane Society of United States.
Old 12-09-2006, 08:44 AM

If you ask me, I think that is exactly where the sign belongs. I think all hunters should join HSUS! I am all for humane treatment of animals. Good shot placement, tracking what you down until you find it, eating what you shoot,stopping poachers, and conserving wildlife so we can admire what we don't hunt and maximize opportunities for what we do hunt.

I know, it's just a dream and I haven't joined them myself, but just think, if millions ofhunters did join them, we would put humane hunting on the agenda along with their worthy efforts at stopping needless animal torture.

Problem is, even hunters wouldn't agree on what is humane and ethical. Just read these posts.

edit . . . A reason to leave the signup -to remind hunters that we need to keep vigilant about supporting our heritage and rights.
Old 12-09-2006, 08:58 AM

I am guessing that you don't really know what the HSUS does. It is not about being humane at all. They are in the same group as PETA. Which is to ban all forms of Hunting and fishing completely. There is no middle ground with either of these groups. I have tried to speak with them, as I also believe as you do, that we should be humane and ethical in the way we treat animals, as absolutley hate the companyies that will use animals to test cosmetic products and what not, but that is not the only thing HSUS and PETA Does. They are the extreme opposite and are not willing to discuss it. I have written them letters asking for explantions of some of their tactics when it comes to hunting and fishing and they just don't believe in and don't want it. years ago there was a Large Marlin fishing tournatment in south jersey. During this tournament very few fish are kept. Most are measured and weight at the boat and then released. Those that are kept are used by scientist to do research on health and improving the seas. However a groupd of PETA protesters showed up and ironically where throwing Dead bait fish at cars and people as they enetered the arena, waiving signs for PETA and to close down the tournament. When conforted by the media, PETA responded with " this was not a PETA protest, but a group of extreme people using our casue " Or someting to that degree. But when the media talked to the folks at the protest they were all proud members of PETA or so they said, just becareful in joining these groups and ensure you know what they actually stand for. I admit, that if they stuck with just the issues of ethical treatment of animals like you say, I would be joining as well, but they don't and that is not the case.
Old 12-09-2006, 09:05 AM
Giant Nontypical

Might of well been a Walmart add, They're all in it together![:'(]
Old 12-09-2006, 10:06 AM

I appreciate your reply and your position, and like I said, it is really a dream. I know that these groups are extreme, but they are only a large group of people. It would take a lot of numbers, but "they" could be "we". I did some checking a while back and remember discovering that PETA only has about 1 million members worldwide. Some estimates (like the Wild Turkey Federation's) say that there are well over 20 million hunters in the US alone.

I don't have time now, but when the kids are out of the house, I am serious about gathering as many local hunters as I can andjoining the local chapter of HSUS. We will show up to meetings with our Remington or Hoyt ballcap, elk antler belt buckle onleather belts, andleather jackets. I will bring hor's dourves made from duck breast and liver. We will take over the agenda for the meetings and promote good shot placement and anti-poaching campaigns.

But first I have to shoot a record bull with a long bow.
Old 12-09-2006, 10:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

A hostile takeover of HSUS and PETA I love it!
Old 12-09-2006, 10:08 AM

ORIGINAL: Dr Andy

History is full of battles won from within.

BTW, I appreciate what you did Dr Andy. Just tossing in a contrary thought there.
Old 12-09-2006, 10:17 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: jones123

ORIGINAL: Dr Andy

History is full of battles won from within.

BTW, I appreciate what you did Dr Andy. Just tossing in a contrary thought there.
You just got on my "see the name read the post list".

I don't think these people would play fairalthough I do believe they are just repressed hunters. Maybe a little nudge would be the ticket.