Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
 A little too close to home. >

A little too close to home.

Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

A little too close to home.

Old 05-05-2007, 07:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default A little too close to home.

I know that there was a thread and some heated discussion on carrying a firearm while bowhunting. I don't want to start another heated debate however:

Last week in one of my remote hunting areas, 15,000 pot plants were discovered in a growing operation. The plants were still young with an eleborate irrigation system. The street value if the plants were to mature would have been close to $23 million. There was a guard camp that became quickly empty as the DEA flew in and officers arrived.

This operation was turned in by a hunter. Just imagine what could have happened if the hunter had just his/her bow and stumbled into the middle of the guarded camp.

From now on I continue to take the equalizer!!!!
Old 05-05-2007, 07:57 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: A little too close to home.

Yep, big bad bears aint the only thing you need protection from in the woods.

You never know where evil will surface.

I equate carrying a firearm to wearing a seat belt while driving your car. You never plan on getting into a potentially life ending wreck just like you never plan on getting into any other potentially life ending situation with an armedstranger but preparation is the key to survival. And if you should find yourself in a situation you will be glad you were prepared.
Old 05-05-2007, 11:48 AM
Fork Horn

Hey, watch for trip wires also. Some of these places also have trip guns planted!Sad but true!This stuff has been going on for years.
Dan

Old 05-05-2007, 03:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

I hope the DEA caught everyone involved. I do not carry a pistol with me when I bow hunt. Posts like yours make me think twice.
Maybe the Idaho Gov. will give out one free wolf tag for every drug runner you bring in?
Old 05-05-2007, 08:36 PM
Fork Horn

We have that same problem alot here in Arizona and every year hunters are usally the first ones to turn in the pot growers.
Old 05-09-2007, 08:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Exactly why no one should decide when and where I should be able to carry my weapon.

Good post! Thanks Elkcrazy8.
Old 05-09-2007, 10:05 PM
Fork Horn

Last year we had a archery hunter killed down along the border and he was unarmed. So after that there was a big push to allow bow hunters to carry sidearms with no restrictions and it passed. Since we have a dual threat of drug runners/pot growersand a wide open border it is only smart to carry a sidearm when hunting in this state.
Old 05-11-2007, 12:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

That was my point about carrying a gun it ain't just for fur covered critters.
BBJ
Old 05-11-2007, 09:35 PM
Fork Horn

Better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it. Same as your seat belt, a spare tire, etc, etc, etc,....

Long live the NRA

LIFE MEMBER!
Old 05-15-2007, 12:42 AM

Just remember most states require you to disclose that you are packing when you are contacted by a law enforcement officer. Usually all it takes is a simple "hey, just fyi, my pistol is on the right hip in the holsteer." Fish cops and traffic cops appreciate knowing, and it will keep you out of trouble.......

Quick Reply: A little too close to home.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.