Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Tred Barta... NOT the hard way >

Tred Barta... NOT the hard way

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Tred Barta... NOT the hard way

Old 12-08-2006, 10:17 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Tred Barta... NOT the hard way

ORIGINAL: jones123

I am not much into TV hunting, but this guy is GREAT! He makes no bones about being an entertainer and believes what he says about making the hunt more meaningful by using traditional equipment. He did a show last December with my neighbor. When they were finished, my neighbor brought us over to watch some footage.Tred congratulated my sons on their rifle shot deerthey had just gotten the week before. He admired their compound bows and said they should work up to traditional bows. Then he GAVE them these bows, out of the blue. He followed up by mailing them arrows that he tips and fletches for Christmas.

Kinda funny - you see someone who looks like a great guy on thetube and you hear he's really a pompous turd. Tred is a pompousturd on tv but a great guy in person!

Thats about as cool as it gets! Tred's the man!
Old 12-09-2006, 12:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

He will get no respect from me!!!! I use to watch his show and tolerate his blabber mouth just so I could watch the hunt. But when I seen him rideing around the coast of Alaska in alarge boat on his sorry arse, jump out shoot a Black Bear, then go into His spill about, the hunt, the stalk, the hard way, (only thing hard about that trip was the boat seat he rode around on all day) Blaaa,Blaaa,Blaaa,Blaaa,Blaaa. Which I could put up with, But when he went into saying how Bear baiting was unethical, was not Hunting, and I cant evean tell ya what else he said, because I was so fricken mad. I have not, and will not ever watch another one of his shows. Several years back thePETA freaks managed to get enough signituers to get a proposal on the ballots to ban Bear baiting herein Michigan and several other states. I canteveanbegin toexplain how much money, and time was spent to defeat that proposal here in Mich. butt several states were notas lucky.Notice the Great Blow My own Horn Tred, Did not come to Mich to do his so called, Do it the hard way swow. Know why? He knows it would be to HARD to harvest a Bear here!!! Tred can take his Holleyer than thow crap and stick it!So here is my point, if you watch The Tred Barta show and you loose your Bear Baiting Privileges in your state, you have no one to blame but your self!
Old 12-09-2006, 06:01 AM

anyone using the "they have a guide" thing also must group ALL hunters who use guides into that "they aint hunting" group.

so, none of them are "really" hunting, but he's not doing it with a stick and string while they use compounds, muzzleloaders and rifles.

Anyone who doesn't respect a man shooting a recurve aint never tried it.

Period
Old 12-09-2006, 06:10 AM
Giant Nontypical

It's just his shtick. If it didn't sell he wouldn't do it or be gone. I don't know why anybody gets cared away over what they see on tv, it's tv, not real, bigger than life, edited, something someone sells, a form of entertainment. He's kind of like, but just a pup compared to a guy who ruled at getting people to hate him, but unable to stop watching him, Howard William Cosell (say it in the right voice).

I could be that guy but I like being myself. And yes I could hit a duck or goose or bird if I went after them, give me a little time and the right equipment. It's not amazing anyone who's life revolves around hunting can.

He's just a guy who made it from all outward appeareances. I know I could learn something from him. That's my whole game, illumination! When I learn what they know, I'll be a more complete person and hunter, and in my book puts me ahead of the game then people like Tred (if he is the way people describe him) (not that I care to be ahead of anyone, just saying I've looked over both ways to live andI prefer mine).They already know it all. I'll take what ever a "know it all"wants to give meand I'll let them feel as superior to me as they wish. I'm getting what I want and they're getting what they want. Were a big happy family.And I really do wish them well!

You can live without tv. In fact you'll be better off.[8D]
Old 12-09-2006, 06:55 AM

ORIGINAL: nodog
Howard William Cosell (say it in the right voice).
You gave away your age. I would bet a large majorityof these readers don't know who you're talking about.

And yes I could hit a duck or goose or bird if I went after them, give me a little time and the right equipment. It's not amazing anyone who's life revolves around hunting can.
Exactly the point Tred makes on his show - over and over -that if he can do this, any able bodied person can do whatever they commit to. Hebrags about what he does, but not who he is.

He's just a guy who made it from all outward appeareances.

I'll take what ever a "know it all"wants to give meand I'll let them feel as superior to me as they wish. I'm getting what I want and they're getting what they want.

And I really do wish them well!
I couldn't have said that better.

You can live without tv. In fact you'll be better off.[8D]
You sure got that right. But I am avoiding tv likeI avoided watching Howard Cosell.
Old 12-09-2006, 08:19 AM

im not a huge fan but the guy or anything but i dont see how you cannot be impressed by his skill.

i saw him on yesterday... shot a grizzly at 10 yds with his homemade bow and homemade arrow.

Old 12-09-2006, 09:13 AM
Giant Nontypical

and thanks jones123
Old 12-09-2006, 09:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

Personally, I cant stand the guy. After that episode where he had that practically baby pig held down and then he stabbed it. I have never watch his show again
Old 12-09-2006, 09:37 AM
Spike

Tred is the man!!! I enjoy the show. As far as a guide? He goes hunting with his best friend all the time so then every time you guys go hunting with a friend you are using a guide?????? BS Come on guys I just watched the show were he went to colorado got all the public land access points etc to hunt elk in colorado. He is real and using a stick and string will always get my attention and takes skill!!! Maybe some of you are just mad because you can't do it!!!
Old 12-09-2006, 09:46 AM

Tikka 30-06 That show made me sick to... Tred is a hunter, which ia a good thing. But, i don't really buy into all of his blab.

Quick Reply: Tred Barta... NOT the hard way

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.