Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

tred barta

Old 08-03-2007, 11:22 PM

Default tred barta

just finished watchin the show where he takes a doe mule deer in colorado...he was riping on the people that use trail cameras saying that its making it to easy and asking what we'll have next...gadgets that tell us where the game is?...he obviously hasnt used a trail camera...yes they help but not as much as he thinks...since i know alot of you use trail cameras just thought id pass bartas word on...and i did it the hard way...typed every letter!!!!!
Old 08-04-2007, 12:04 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: tred barta

I didn't really thinka trail camera would be very usefull for hunting muleys anyway.
Old 08-04-2007, 12:07 AM
Fork Horn

If tred wants to live in the stone age let him, i see him as an idiot but thats my personal opinion, just like its his opinion about trail cameras
Old 08-04-2007, 12:19 AM
Fork Horn

He's such a cocky s.o.b, he would not last around here. He talks about hunting the hard way. So, does he do that while fishing too? With his nice boat and all the technological crap hes got on it, doesn't seem like he fishes the hard way.
Old 08-04-2007, 12:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

"i dothings the hard way, the barta way!"...whats up with that.
Old 08-04-2007, 06:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

I dont use trail cameras either.
Old 08-04-2007, 07:35 AM
Giant Nontypical

It is entirely possible to like being more primitive when it comes to hunting but high tech about fishing. Two completely different hobbies, so there is no conflict.

Bow season was originally about going out and trying to kill a deer the way mankind did before we invented gunpowder. Same way muzzleloader season was originally about going out and hunting with the same gear the mountain man and longhunter of old used. Now very few people in either season use the gear for which the seasons were intended. Some might feel these folks are idiots, but they are the ones who are true to the seasons' intent.

Just because they are in the minority doesn't mean they can't express their opinions. You don't have to agree with them but if you can't respect their opinions, then the problem is with you.
Old 08-04-2007, 08:08 AM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: Arthur P

It is entirely possible to like being more primitive when it comes to hunting but high tech about fishing. Two completely different hobbies, so there is no conflict.

Bow season was originally about going out and trying to kill a deer the way mankind did before we invented gunpowder. Same way muzzleloader season was originally about going out and hunting with the same gear the mountain man and longhunter of old used. Now very few people in either season use the gear for which the seasons were intended. Some might feel these folks are idiots, but they are the ones who are true to the seasons' intent.

Just because they are in the minority doesn't mean they can't express their opinions. You don't have to agree with them but if you can't respect their opinions, then the problem is with you.

Very well said Arthur P. I agree 100%. I myself do not own a trail camera and I do all my scouting on foot. Im not saying I wont look at trail cam pics. I enjoy looking at them. But I still do it the old fashion way when it comes to deer hunting. I do own a compound, but I have made self bows, and I use a 50 cal Thompson center Hawkin with iron sights and still use black powder. I dont really like Tred Barta but if he hunts like he wants, who am I to tell him different...
Old 08-04-2007, 08:20 AM
Giant Nontypical

Yea, old Tred is a real pud puller, that's for sure. He's his own favorite person.Although he's a great shot with the bow,I've seen him take several halfa$$ed shots at gameon various shows.[:'(]Yes, I think he's got issues.
Old 08-04-2007, 08:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: bballhead44

just finished watchin the show where he takes a doe mule deer in colorado...he was riping on the people that use trail cameras saying that its making it to easy and asking what we'll have next...gadgets that tell us where the game is?...he obviously hasnt used a trail camera...yes they help but not as much as he thinks...since i know alot of you use trail cameras just thought id pass bartas word on...and i did it the hard way...typed every letter!!!!!
He's a character that's for sure. I'll give him this though, he is honest. He thought he was going to slip out there and stick a mule deer doe the first day or twoand then hunt black bear the rest of the week. He looked like a fish out of water and blew like 30 stalksand shot over a dozen times and wounded one before finally connecting (great shot by the way) on a bedded doe. But he was the first to admit he underestimated those deer and when the terrain and such was givig him a hard time he never gave up. He was having trouble shooting so he practiced and eventually dialed in. He is unique and sometimes annoying but he is very persistent and in theend hestalked a mule deer and killed it with his longbow,that is very impressiveeven if he plucked my nerves a little.

Quick Reply: tred barta

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.