Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Tred Barta... NOT the hard way >

Tred Barta... NOT the hard way

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Tred Barta... NOT the hard way

Old 12-12-2006, 10:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Tred Barta... NOT the hard way

Buster T,
I don't have a problem with saying one is harder than the other. I admit one is harder than the other. What I disagree with is your assumption that the Harder path is more rewarding.
His rewards and accomplishments are far greater.
"Rewarding" is relative. Some may find that type of hunting more rewarding but others may find it more annoying. I'm just saying different things appeal to different people.

Old 12-12-2006, 10:41 AM

Buster
Put down the pipe and step back from the computer. Open your eyes, you are one of the most guilty of bashing others means of hunting. Look at your last post, it is woven with disrespect. Also, think back to your crossbow rants as well as your high and mighty compound rants.
burniegoeasily Guilty of recognizing the differences between weapons and challenges and accomplishments is bashing someone else ? How so ?

Do you realize that you are speaking to traditional archers including burnie, talondale, I believe hardcorehunter shoots both compound and traditional and myself? BTW, my son uses a selfbow that we made (pictured).

BobCo19-65 I don't care what you shoot, and it doesn't matter what I shoot, and it doesn't matter what GW Bush shoots ......... the facts remains that some hunts are harder than others, some weapons are harder than others, and the recognition of those things is NOT a bad thing !

Busta, you need to get a grip on something besides your chicken. Post your mounts if you want to get into the my weiner is bigger than your weinergame. We all know you do it the right way, the hard way, the Tred oops I mean Busta rhyme way.
MOTOWNHONKEY I might very well go back to a compound in 2007. If I do so, the fact that recurves, and longbows and selfbows are more difficult, more challenging and thus due more respect doesn't change.

I rarely backpack hunt anymore, I use llamas. That type of hunting is EASIER than backpack hunting.

If I used horses and an outfitter, it'd be even EASIER.

Not to take anything away from that challenge, its certainly there, however its NOT AS challenging.

Why is that concept losing you guys ?

Is swimming across a heated pool as challenging as swimming across the English Channel ?

Is playing BINGO as challenigng as playing Kasparov in Chess ?

Is killing a deer with a rifle in a 100 acre pen as challenging as going out west on a DIY bakcpack hunt toting a bow you carvedfroma bowdark ?

See ?

Old 12-12-2006, 10:44 AM
Site Buck Guru

ORIGINAL: Talondale

I won't argue that point with you Greg, a compound is a more precise weapon.

Following your logic why would anyone useANY bow over a gun? A gunCAN (in the hands of a proficient, ethical shooter) certainly be more humane than a bow. Why do you use a bow? I think it's because you get more out of your hunt when you use one. Same reason applies to traditional. Neither one is the "right" answer for everyone. In this case it is relative and everyone hopefully finds their own niche that they enjoy, and they are able to have fun.
Because guns are not legal during bow season. You are also right, archery is enjoyable. However, I'm undecided on what is more important, using a more primative weapon in order to gratify yourself or to show respect for the animal by using the most efficient, legal weapon to kill it with.
Old 12-12-2006, 10:58 AM
Giant Nontypical

However, I'm undecided on what is more important, using a more primative weapon in order to gratify yourself or to show respect for the animal by using the most efficient, legal weapon to kill it with.
You raise a good point Greg.

Do you really mean efficient though. There are longbows that are creeping into the 90% efficiency rate. I'm thinking you mean more in the lines of accuracy though. A skilled trad archer should only shoot at live game within his limits just as a compound user. No-difference there. As far as lethal? Do you mean a well placed arrow from either trad or compound would make a difference assuming the archer is using a proven set up for the game he is hunting.
Old 12-12-2006, 11:06 AM
Dominant Buck

And you wonder why the user names, Stealthycat, datamax, bigredporker, zelansomething, etc. etc. etc. do not exist anymore. I guess we are not the only ones who see it.
Old 12-12-2006, 11:06 AM

using a more primative weapon in order to gratify yourself or to show respect for the animal by using the most efficient, legal weapon to kill it with.
again, the weapon doesnt wound deer, ever. Guns don't kill people, what type bow the bowhunter chooses doesn't wound animals

"Rewarding" is relative. Some may find that type of hunting more rewarding but others may find it more annoying. I'm just saying different things appeal to different people.
Talondale there is some truth to that. I wouldn't say it all relative but its a factor I'll admit.

Is winning at BINGO more rewarding than beating Kasparov ?

Old 12-12-2006, 11:08 AM
Giant Nontypical

And you wonder why the user names, Stealthycat, datamax, bigredporker, zelansomething, etc. etc. etc. do not exist anymore. I guess we are not the only ones who see it.
LOL, Thanks, I was questioning my own sanity for a moment there.
Old 12-12-2006, 12:18 PM

you wonder why ? email me at [email protected] and I'll be glad to tell you, ro send a PM, and it has nothing to do with what types of hunting are more difficult than others, I gaurantee
Old 12-12-2006, 12:36 PM
Giant Nontypical

Here is some real useful info:

What is an Internet Troll?

An Internet "troll" is a person who delights in sowing discord on the Internet. He (and it is usually he) tries to start arguments and upset people.

Trolls see Internet communications services as convenient venues for their bizarre game. For some reason, they don't "get" that they are hurting real people. To them, other Internet users are not quite human but are a kind of digital abstraction. As a result, they feel no sorrow whatsoever for the pain they inflict. Indeed, the greater the suffering they cause, the greater their 'achievement' (as they see it). At the moment, the relative anonymity of the net allows trolls to flourish.

Trolls are utterly impervious to criticism (constructive or otherwise). You cannot negotiate with them; you cannot cause them to feel shame or compassion; you cannot reason with them. They cannot be made to feel remorse. For some reason, trolls do not feel they are bound by the rules of courtesy or social responsibility.

Why does it Matter?

Some people -- particularly those who have been online for years -- are not upset by trolls and consider them an inevitable hazard of using the net. As the saying goes, "You can't have a picnic without ants."

It would be nice if everybody was so easy-going, but the sad fact is that trolls do discourage people. Established posters may leave a message board because of the arguments that trolls ignite, and lurkers (people who read but do not post) may decide that they do not want to expose themselves to abuse and thus never get involved.

Another problem is that the negative emotions stirred up by trolls leak over into other discussions. Normally affable people can become bitter after reading an angry interchange between a troll and his victims, and this can poison previously friendly interactions between long-time users.

Finally, trolls create a paranoid environment, such that a casual criticism by a new arrival can elicit a ferocious and inappropriate backlash.

The Internet is a wonderful resource which is breaking down barriers and stripping away prejudice. Trolls threaten our continued enjoyment of this beautiful forum for ideas.

<...snip...>
The Webmaster's Challenge

When trolls are ignored they step up their attacks, desperately seeking the attention they crave. Their messages become more and more foul, and they post ever more of them. Alternatively, they may protest that their right to free speech is being curtailed -- more on this later.

The moderator of a message board may not be able to delete a troll's messages right away, but their job is made much harder if they also have to read numerous replies to trolls. They are also forced to decide whether or not to delete posts from well-meaning folks which have the unintended effect of encouraging the troll.

Some webmasters have to endure conscientious users telling them that they are "acting like dictators" and should never delete a single message. These people may be misinformed: they may have arrived at their opinion about a troll based on the messages they see, never realizing that the webmaster has already deleted his most horrific material. Please remember that a troll does have an alternative if he has something of value to say: there are services on the net that provide messaging systems free of charge. So the troll can set up his own message board, where he can make his own decisions about the kind of content he will tolerate.

Just how much can we expect of a webmaster when it comes to preserving the principles of free speech? Some trolls find sport in determining what the breaking point is for a particular message board operator. They might post a dozen messages, each of which contains 400 lines of the letter "J". That is a form of expression, to be sure, but would you consider it your duty to play host to such a person?

Perhaps the most difficult challenge for a webmaster is deciding whether to take steps against a troll that a few people find entertaining. Some trolls do have a creative spark and have chosen to squander it on being disruptive. There is a certain perverse pleasure in watching some of them. Ultimately, though, the webmaster has to decide if the troll actually cares about putting on a good show for the regular participants, or is simply playing to an audience of one -- himself.

Old 12-12-2006, 12:57 PM
Typical Buck

I have read through thisthread for a few days now and there are more then a few people that don't care for Tred Barta. I see that the subject matter has kind of taken a turn so forgive me but I would like to shed some light on Tred good or bad.

Tred is a "spokesmen" for a product my company sells. Not only does he endorse it but he also uses. I have met Tred while he was visiting our plant in North Carolina. Tred is who you see on TV. The guys is arrogant but nota complete jerk as one would think on TV. He knows alotabout what he is doing but he is also very eager to learn and listen to others.He is an entertainer though.You can say what you want about using a guide but he is getting paid to make a show. Just like any other job there are time constraints.Before he was involed with our productand before I had met him I to had a very sour taste in my mouth after watching his show. I think it was the choice in his shot selection. I have also see a couple shows that he came away empty handed. Who can relate to that? The guyyou see on TV is the same guy you would talk to on the street.That has to be worth something.

Quick Reply: Tred Barta... NOT the hard way

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.