Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Proof Wounded Deer Can Live >

Proof Wounded Deer Can Live

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Proof Wounded Deer Can Live

Old 12-04-2006, 08:04 AM
Site Buck Guru

Default RE: Proof Wounded Deer Can Live

ORIGINAL: turtleshell

ORIGINAL: GregH

Here's a pic of a deer that was shot by a guy one of my buddies knows. The pic is about 2 weeks after being shot.

This pic has been on this forum before and I believe someone said this was photo shopped. That ISa fatal shot if it were real
I posted this pic last year. It is NOT photo shopped. Why would someone do that?
Old 12-04-2006, 08:07 AM
Giant Nontypical

This pic has been on this forum before and I believe someone said this was photo shopped. That ISa fatal shot if it were real
Fatal? Maybe, but not when the picture was taken anyway.

The angle of the arrow suggest it was a hard quartering away shot. May have gotten one lung.
Old 12-04-2006, 08:10 AM
Boone & Crockett

Here's a pic of a deer that was shot by a guy one of my buddies knows. The pic is about 2 weeks after being shot.
Like GregH mentioned, turtle, your wrong about this one.
Old 12-04-2006, 08:11 AM

I posted this pic last year. It is NOT photo shopped. Why would someone do that?
Don't know Greg, I just remember seeing it on here and reading that it was photoshopped. I'll take your word for it though, but I do remember seeing it on here more recently. Oh well, if it is real then WOW! that buck is one tough/lucky mutha!

Old 12-04-2006, 08:30 AM
Site Buck Guru

As far as I know, I am the only one that ever put it on here. Many people here are quick to claim PHOTO SHOP! For whatever reason.
Old 12-04-2006, 10:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

wow, these pics of deer with arrows in them is insane. I would be absolutely sick to see that if it was me that caused it. Especially on a deer of that size.
Old 12-04-2006, 10:38 AM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: bowtech die hard

wow, these pics of deer with arrows in them is insane. I would be absolutely sick to see that if it was me that caused it. Especially on a deer of that size.
It's just not deer and it's not just arrows. I stop and talk with a lot of butchers and taxidermists to see what the deer quality/bear quality is like each year and you'd be surprised what's pulled out of deer and bear when butchered including and not limited to arrow pieces, lead bullets of all sizes including .17 and .22 (poachers), to lead pellets (shotgun) etc...amazing animals and as a diehard whitetail enthusiast, many times my heart goes out to them.
Old 12-04-2006, 10:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

I shot a really nice 8-point in 2000 that had a shattered broadhead in its left front shoulder, the buck in my avatar had been hit by a car and his right rear leg was held on only by a thread of skin and he didn't even limp,I watched him fight another buck, then chase a doeand I had no idea he was wounded until I "collected" him, my dad shoulder shot a nice 9-point one October and a buddy shot it in gun season the last week of November as it was chasing a doe.The stories go on and on. They are absolutely amazing animals. If you don't respect them for anything else, you have to respect their toughness.
Old 12-04-2006, 10:58 AM

ORIGINAL: ABarOfSoap

i doubt that wound is from a weapon, its probly from fighting or a fence, because theres a wound on the side ofhis neck, than another one above his neck
I second this..doesnt look like a gun shot or bow shot to me...wound seems really irregularyly shaped