Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Kid shot "my" deer...... >

Kid shot "my" deer......

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Kid shot "my" deer......

Old 12-01-2006, 11:24 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Kid shot "my" deer......

Zubba:

It's a figue of speech (note the parenthesis). I have sole access to the land I hunt. There are nearly 300 acres of which I have near my home that either I have sole permission to hunt.....OR....hunting is not allowed (by anyone TO anyone). This deer was killed on the ONE acre that I don't have access to.

There's a coincidence, huh?????

Jeff
Old 12-01-2006, 11:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

If you know he took the deer illegally call the law on him. If you have trail cams up have you seen these people on the ground you hunt? You could make a case for trespassing in most any court with pics I would think.
Old 12-01-2006, 11:26 AM
Boone & Crockett

I don't really see what;s so confusing. I think I spelled it out pretty well.
SB
Your original post was a little vague. It just sounded like a kid had permission to hunt land and shot a buck you were after. No mention of the trespassing part. I think you've cleared it up since then and painted the picture of what happened. I was a little confused at first. Of course then again I'm easily confused [:-]
Old 12-01-2006, 11:29 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: NY Bowhunter

I don't really see what;s so confusing. I think I spelled it out pretty well.
SB
Your original post was a little vague. It just sounded like a kid had permission to hunt land and shot a buck you were after. No mention of the trespassing part. I think you've cleared it up since then and painted the picture of what happened. I was a little confused at first. Of course then again I'm easily confused [:-]
Ditto here Jeff. I'd be riled up too if I were you. Have you thought about approaching the landowner and just talking (not complaining) to him about the good fortune of his nephews? Have you found any gutpiles??
Old 12-01-2006, 11:30 AM
Dominant Buck

SB
Your original post was a little vague. It just sounded like a kid had permission to hunt land and shot a buck you were after. No mention of the trespassing part.
From my original.....

Grandpa owns ONE acre. I have sole permission to hunt the area all around him for MANY, MANY acres.
I guess....?????

Jeff
Old 12-01-2006, 11:34 AM
Boone & Crockett

Also, Jeff wasn't even allowed to take me hunting on this piece when I was down, He asked the landowner and the landowner said "No, Jeff, I only want you on it, no one else". Nuff said, we honored that fer sure. Jeff and Jeff alone is allowed to hunt it, period.

Jeff secured other property for when I was down.
Old 12-01-2006, 11:35 AM
Dominant Buck

My landowner is not a hunter. He really doesn't want to be involved in such matters (I know this about him). I also know he'd call the law himself if he caught them on his land. Me telling him and him calling the law is a bunch of he-said/he-said, now. these guys just put a big black eye on hunters.

Remember the other day when I said I knew EVERY hunter who has a legal right to be hunting the area for miles around me????

This is a PRIME example. I know the ILLEGAL ones, too.

Jeff
Old 12-01-2006, 11:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

I would like to make my posts clear.....

There is a very very good chance that the deer was taken on property the kid didn't have permission to....I don't agree with that, it's wrong, I'm not happy for the kid, he should poach, etc, etc.

However, the part that is confusing is how they could be called 'my deer'. I know it is a figure of speech, but I have read mulitple posts from sb where he has referred to them as 'my deer'. There isn't such thing. Thereis such thing as 'deer I've seen on the property I have premission to hunt'.

It isa bad deal, and it isn't right. It is one of those things where you don't know how to push it since it involves family. I just wish you luck in pursuing 'the other two bucks'.
Old 12-01-2006, 11:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

SB,

I feel you pain, my father and I have a small farm(100 acres) in VAand it is bordered by three different landowners, one of which is a relatively big hunt club. Over the years we have had less and less problems as the club has cleaned up its act a lot and got rid of a lot of the trouble makers. But for a while there it was a never ending battlebecause of guys with stands set up to shootinto our food plots and on our powerlines, spotlighting, and just an all around disregard for private property. With help from the other landowners and a little "toughlove" on our part we now have a relatively good relationship with the clubs leaders and they know to respect our land and stay on top of new members and guests.Unfortunately we are not their everyday and who knows what goes on when we are not there and I understand how you feel when you are the one putting in the time and effort to have a "honey hole" and someone else reaps the rewards. It is a tough pill to swallow.....such is life. Don't lettoo much wind get out of your sails there is another big one in there with your name on it.
Old 12-01-2006, 11:40 AM
Dominant Buck

I'd forgotten about that, Rob.....but that's the truth. My landowner was getting flack from his relatives about ME being on his land. he told them he knew I was there....and that I ALONE had permission to be there. I did ask if Rob could hunt with me for a couple of days.

Nope. He said he told them ME and ME ALONE....so that he didn't have to put up with their griping.....and that's the way it'll be. I'll never ask, again.

So...I scrambled and got Rob/PA and I another spot to hunt in. Sucks, though.....we only saw SIXTY-NINE the day we were out there!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jeff

Quick Reply: Kid shot "my" deer......

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.