Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Bow shop/archery range, in town or out of town? Please read my post before you vote. >

Bow shop/archery range, in town or out of town? Please read my post before you vote.

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.
View Poll Results: A poll
Yes, I would have no problem driving there
95.96%
No, I'm not leaving town
4.04%
Voters: 99. You may not vote on this poll

Bow shop/archery range, in town or out of town? Please read my post before you vote.

Old 12-04-2006, 09:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Bow shop/archery range, in town or out of town? Please read my post before you vote.

There is an archery shop out of town where I am at and becasue of the building and range it is worth making the trip out to it. If you have a 59 yard indoor range that would be great for business.

Good luck
Old 12-04-2006, 10:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Bow shop/archery range, in town or out of town? Please read my post before you vote.

I wouldn't ever have a problem going to a pro shop 20 miles away if it's a great pro shop.
Old 12-04-2006, 10:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

Alot of varieables man. If there is another shop in town, ill bet half of the posts on here would be different. Remember poeple are lazy. Yes I would drive it, right now I go 24 miles 1 way. If poeple dont know you are there it is awfull tough for them to stop in.
Old 12-04-2006, 10:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

Heck buellhunter the place sounds great to me!
I would drive to your shop forgood service and a cool place to hang out! I`ll just tell my wife i will be back ina little while.
OK Lets see from Ga to Iowa is how far?
Old 12-04-2006, 10:57 AM
Fork Horn

Yews I would drive. I do it all the time. If you are good, honest and take time to talk to everyone. Learn your people and treat them all the same. I will pay more for equipment if the pro shop takes the time to help. Many pro shops try to sell you what they want not what you need.

Good luck and plan on hunting less if you do make the move!!!!!

Boldplate
Old 12-04-2006, 11:31 AM

I would definitely drive out of my way to come to your shop. I usually drive about 30 minutes to the shop i shoot at. There is one closer but the people arent very friendly. I think that just from getting to know you on here, that many people in your area wouldnt mind driving to someone that will take care of them. You seem like the kind of guy that people can trust, and would be willing to buy a bow from.And that is gonna attract people no matter where your location. Good luck and let us know how things work out.
Old 12-04-2006, 11:39 AM

I'd give my left cojone to only have to drive 10 miles to a good shop, nevermind a great one.

1.2 miles of dirt road is a bit long, but the only customers I would see having a problem with that is the Mom's of your JOAD kids.. You would have a JOAD league eventually right????
Old 12-04-2006, 12:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

what does JOAD mean?
Old 12-04-2006, 12:33 PM

Moms that hunt don't mind dirt roads if the service is good and they are treated like they know what they are doing.
Good luck Buell with your venture.
Diann
Old 12-04-2006, 12:40 PM
Fork Horn

There isan Archery shop less than 3 miles from my house that is 'in town'. I drive 15 miles out of townto get good service and shoot at their range while I am there.

GOOD LUCK!!!

Quick Reply: Bow shop/archery range, in town or out of town? Please read my post before you vote.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.