Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Bow shop/archery range, in town or out of town? Please read my post before you vote. >

Bow shop/archery range, in town or out of town? Please read my post before you vote.

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.
View Poll Results: A poll
Yes, I would have no problem driving there
95.96%
No, I'm not leaving town
4.04%
Voters: 99. You may not vote on this poll

Bow shop/archery range, in town or out of town? Please read my post before you vote.

Old 12-02-2006, 08:20 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Bow shop/archery range, in town or out of town? Please read my post before you vote.

as it stands now, I drive 30-40 minutes a couple times a week to go to a shop with a 30 yds indoor range, and 45+ minutes to a different shop for technical services because they didn't snob me when I needed help tuning my "New" older bow. But they only have a 20 yd range.
Old 12-02-2006, 08:33 AM

Default RE: Bow shop/archery range, in town or out of town? Please read my post before you vote.

I would love a place like that, I have drive to the big city around 50 miles to get any Bow work done. The local dealer refuses to work on my Bow, due to I bought the BOW from another dealer.
Old 12-02-2006, 07:53 PM

Just got home,back in Iowa.
A BIG THANKS to all of your votes,comments and concerns.
You people, even though you may never come in personto my shop/range ARE my target customers.
The ideas, and comments you have made carry a lot of weight with me, as you and I are archers and bowhunters! We as a group should know what will work and what will not work. We know the things we all look for in a pro shop and range. From the facility itself,location,attitudes of people that work there and so on.
Yourepresent the people I would need to attract to my business.

Thank you!
Dave
Owner of the soon to be open
Double Lung Archery
Old 12-02-2006, 09:00 PM
Dominant Buck

I don't know if it's also been said but have you spoken to another owner in another state. Find a few and go visit. Take them to lunch and see if they can give you a few pointers and some pit falls they've experienced along the way. It also helps with the all important networking.
Old 12-03-2006, 06:55 AM
Host of Hosts

I think your location could work. Remember the 10 best things you can do for a successful business.

Advertise
Advertise
Advertise
Advertise
Advertise

You get the point! Too many businesses fail due to lack of self promotion. Alot of people think word of mouth is the best form of advertising and it is, but it can't be the only form.I wish you GOOD LUCK! andif I'm ever out that way I'll stop in to see ya.Just makesure you let us know how its progressing.
Old 12-03-2006, 08:16 AM

I would loveto have a place 5- 10miles away,just like a few peoples said in their post advertised,advertised , and word of mouth will go along way good luck ,i hope your dreams come true and your sucessfull
Old 12-03-2006, 08:24 AM

I voted yes because i don't know you. but if your were a jerk like some people are .i would'nt care if your shop was next door ! I would advoid it and go somewere else. having the best range in town don't mean nothing if your not a people person. only reason i say this is their is a shop in my town & the people are the biggest bunch of ass's i ever met. good luck & go for it !!
Old 12-03-2006, 09:13 AM
Giant Nontypical

I am still a little worried about the name. Althiugh hunters will understand, what about the nonhunters? And the antis? Well, they may have some issues with it as well. I hope it doesn't cause controversy down the road. Not trying to rain on your parade just throwing my .02 out there.
Old 12-03-2006, 09:32 AM

Fieldmouse,
Yes, I have talked to a couple other shop owners but need to talk to more.

Trykon,
Yes, this location will need a little bit more advertising to get the word out. I have already budgeted for that.

Jamie,
Thank you, I hope my dreams come true too.

PAJay,
I hear you! I am not a jerk. I've been in sales all my life and have excellant CSI numbers.
I have also been on the customer side of buying archery stuff for years and have run into a few jerks myself.
Cartman rules!

Tx,
They'll just have to get over itIt's not like the anti's are going to like me or my business anyway.
I'm sticking with the name. I do appreciate your thoughts and comments though.
Old 12-04-2006, 08:42 AM

Everything sounds great to me! Heck, I'm tempted to drive up there now and I'm pretty sure it would be a few more than 10-12 miles for me.

Good Luck,
TXMM

Quick Reply: Bow shop/archery range, in town or out of town? Please read my post before you vote.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.