Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Checked by a Warden last night >

Checked by a Warden last night

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Checked by a Warden last night

Old 11-24-2006, 06:29 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Checked by a Warden last night

Heck Greg, you are famous. I have seen your mug on here quite a few times.On the serious side i have no problem with the wardens around here. like rick james said i also like bumping into them every once in awhile.
Dan
Old 11-25-2006, 04:53 PM
Spike

all the game warden's i have met here in va. have been real nice. at first they were polite but all business. after seeing i was legal they would talk, answer my questions, help all they could. give any info. they thought would help.
Old 11-25-2006, 06:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

theres one officer that is a total a$$!!! He pulled me over while i was on theATV for no reason and started haulering at me because he said that i wasnt on a ATVroad or trail. Funniest part about it was that he pulled me over right infront of a ATV Route sign. He then started calling me in and another group of fourwheelers came by and he pulled htem over and one of them guys started yellin at the dnr officer and then he told me i could leave. I wanted to charge him for harrasment or something like that. other than that all the other wardens are good!
Old 11-25-2006, 09:03 PM
Typical Buck

see and talk with fish and widlife protection officer ( AK version of GW) on Haul road maybe once every other year(5-6 times total). poor guy has 350-400 miles of road to patrol . always nice also checked by regular state trooper there once.
On kodiak island once ( road system) stopped 3 times in two hrs twice by same officer. nice . seem a bit much and odd as we were always driving and not hunting.
once on Denali hwy nice guy but we could see him from the river 2-3 miles from boat launch as he parrelled us he stopped at the first pull out we did not even thou my truck was there....we went to the next because that was where the boat launch was. he was there and was nice but tickled me off when he boarded my boat and started digging thru stuff with out asking.we were legal and he was just looking for evendce of sex but still ticked me off.
also checked once in Prince William sound.
not too bad for 29 years
i wish there were more checks
don't think i every been checked in all my hunts in lower 48 except by game warden friend in AZ just making sure we had the proper tags before we started.
Old 11-25-2006, 09:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

i have never been stoped by a warden, i think they should check more because poachers are bad around here
i like hearin your stories also
Old 11-26-2006, 05:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

Everyone check out a book called-- "A Game Wardens Diary", by Chauncey Weitz. He was a warden in Wisconsin for many years. It has alot of stories from the wardens side of it. I've read part of it, and its a good book.
Old 11-26-2006, 09:26 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: vc1111

I think that some of them get a bit hardened in the attitude department because of having to deal with a lot of armed people during gun season.

It would probably make a person be very cautious and stern after a while.

My experiences have been good though.
I agree!!!!!! I have never had a problem and enjoy talking with them!