Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 True Talker Grunt call >

True Talker Grunt call

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

True Talker Grunt call

Old 11-14-2006, 12:40 PM
Fork Horn

Default True Talker Grunt call

Hey all whast up , My friend just gave me a true talker grunt tube. has anyone used this one with any sucess??I've just started using calls so I was hoping someone mighthave a tip or 2 in the best way to use this call and what are the ruberbands for adjusting pitch or something??Thanks for any info you can provide
Old 11-14-2006, 01:30 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: True Talker Grunt call

Hi CTJohnB
Your friend gave youa good grunt call , The True Talker is one of the best oneson the market in my opinion.
The four bands are for diffrent sounds : the first one is for a fawn bleat , the second is for a doe bleat or blat , the thrid is for a young buck and the forth is for an old buck.
As you practice with your new toy , try to mimick the sounds that deer make if you haven't heard them I'll try to explane them to you.
A fawn bleat will sound like a sheep going ( BHAA BHAA BHAA ) and the a doe will sound a little like that only deeper in sound and the bucks both young and old will sound like your burping ( URRB URRB URRB ) the older buck will sound a little deeper also.
Just press your index finger on the band of your choice and blow gently or puff in to the tube , the more you practice with it the better you'll get good luck and have fun.
Old 11-14-2006, 08:13 PM
Fork Horn

Thank you thats a big help
Old 11-14-2006, 08:49 PM
Boone & Crockett

http://www.bowsite.com/bowsite/features/practical_bowhunter/deergrunting/deergrunt.html
Old 11-14-2006, 08:55 PM
Spike

I just used mine today bleating at a doe then using a tending grunt call right after the other, and a nice 8 pointer came charging in under my stand. needless to say, tagged!
Old 11-14-2006, 09:07 PM
Typical Buck

I used my friday morning while on the stand..had a small buck come out ready to fight...I heard him walking around grunting so I let a few out, just tried to imitate what he was doing..
Old 11-14-2006, 09:12 PM

Does anyone use the band all the way forward for the deepest most agrssive sound or did you guys tune yours as well I figured a med size buck grunt and do doe grunts so Mine is 1/2 way to the first line so its not as deep as like when first bought? Whata think