Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Who uses a true-talker??? >

Who uses a true-talker???

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Who uses a true-talker???

Old 08-23-2007, 07:30 AM
Typical Buck

Default Who uses a true-talker???

I have a true talker grunt call, I was wondering who else uses one and have you had any luck with it? I have been told it will call in some deer, bucks and Does.Tell me how you used it and what time of year it was and just everything about it..
Old 08-23-2007, 07:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Who uses a true-talker???

I won't go into the woods without it! I bought one 3 years ago and have had good success.
Old 08-23-2007, 07:38 AM
Typical Buck

What did you call in with it, just bucks or did some does come in aswell and what time of year was it?
Old 08-23-2007, 07:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have had one for awhile now. I like it and it has worked many times. I start using calls around the end off Oct. If you use the fawn bleat does have responded to it mostly in the early season. Other wise I just use it for grunts and a can for a hot doe. I also like the sounds from Primos grunt snort weeze call. I cant remember the name. GOOD LUCK!!
Old 08-23-2007, 08:03 AM
Giant Nontypical

I do and let me tell ya , it's gotta be one of the best calls on the market.
I've had it for the past five years and called in alot of bucks and doe's with , it still works good to this day.
With alot of practice you'll be able to mimick the many sounds the whitetail deer make , just by putting some pressure on one of the bands.
The first band is for a " fawn bleat " this call works really well in the early season and it will draw in the does and some young bucks.
The second band is for a " doe bleat or blat " this call also works good in the early to mid season and during the chase phase.
To mimick the sound of a doe in heat press your forefinger on the second band and slowly blow into the call , making a long drawn out sound like " baaaaaa " try this two to three time then wait 20 to 30 minutes then do it again.
The third band is for a " young buck " this call works well around the time they sparring , by using three short burp sounds you should be able to draw a buck into range.
Sometimes a big mature buck will come in looking to fight off the young inturder by using this call.
Finally the fourth band is for a Big Buck , I've only had success with this during the late season " post rut " it is a good call and it will draw in some bucks but it will draw in does too.
With alot of practice you can mimick every sound , so get your new toy out now and practice , practice , practice with time you'll be able to make real good sounds and yes even a " Buck Growl " .
Old 08-23-2007, 08:12 AM
Typical Buck

My cousin was telling me he calls in Does in the early season with it just by grunting a lil bit... I was just wondering if anybody else has done this...
Old 08-23-2007, 08:18 AM
Boone & Crockett

I'm sorry, the True Talker does have quality sound that is for sure however, I've owned 3, all 3 have fallen apart. [:'(]

I carry about 5 calls with me to the treestand, the two best in my opinion are the River Valley Game Calls Deer Flute and All Weather. I also have the Rubbernecker by Primos, A non brand call that has superior sound and a Woods Wise 6 in 1.

http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=1561541&mpage=

http://www.rivervalleygamecalls.com/deercall.asp
Old 08-23-2007, 08:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

Great call, grunted in a nice buck last year in the middle of December. Good sound to it. Buck came running at me, and he was grunting the whole way to me.
Old 08-23-2007, 08:23 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: killadoe

My cousin was telling me he calls in Does in the early season with it just by grunting a lil bit... I was just wondering if anybody else has done this...
Yes ... by using three short burp sounds of the third band , you can draw in doe's in the early season.
Old 08-23-2007, 08:23 AM
Fork Horn

I use one and it works great! I have called in plenty of does with the fawn call.

Quick Reply: Who uses a true-talker???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.