Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 What is your states hunting license prices? >

What is your states hunting license prices?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What is your states hunting license prices?

Old 11-14-2006, 07:50 AM

Default RE: What is your states hunting license prices?

Wisconsin prices go up every year
small game 18
gun deer 24
archery 24
anterless permit 12
Turkey is 28.25 after you add the permit application and stamp.
Old 11-14-2006, 07:57 AM
Spike

I live in south dakota, and sdmonster already listed the prices. I just wanted to state that it seems we pay a little more per tag than most states, but I don't mind cause we also have the priveledge of hunting archery straight thru from Sept. 22-Dec 31. And after Dec all tags change to anterless and are good till Jan 31.

And boy i feel bad for all you who can't hunt sundays either... that would suck. For me, as soon as church is out, it's lunch and go!
Old 11-14-2006, 09:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

$19..big game
$16..archery
$10..dmps
$5..turkey
$13..fishin
save a few bucks with supersportsman licence
Life time is the way to go....if Id only known sooner...too old to make much difference and too much cash to lay out at one time...hell I could by a new rifle or bow for what it costs
30 -40 years ago it wouldve been a hellava deal..if it was going on that long ago..dont know
Old 11-14-2006, 09:25 AM

ORIGINAL: kevin1

Yours is doubling to only $6 more than Indiana's current price for a resident license , just how spoiled are you up there ? Also , when was the last time your state had a license increase ?
I will always buy licenses, I have spent 50 dollars this year, and if prices were to increase that would be 135 dollars. I am not a rich person so it just seams like a drastic increase to me. I would have no problem if it wasa steady increase and not one large jump.

It has been a couple of years since there was a price increase, and it was I believe 2 dollars on doe tags (may have been 1 dollar), and combo tags went from 28 to 30 dollars.

Kevin1, how often do your license fees go up?
Old 11-14-2006, 10:08 AM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: JustRace

It has been a couple of years since there was a price increase, and it was I believe 2 dollars on doe tags (may have been 1 dollar), and combo tags went from 28 to 30 dollars.

Kevin1, how often do your license fees go up?
Ours went up about 20% across the board recently , but it was the first raise in 14 years , so it was due . I purchased our Lifetime Comprehensive hunting license a few years ago just before they phased them out , it was $899 and includes all licenses and habitat stamps , but not federal stamps such as migratory birds . The base cost for a resident hunting license is $24 , a deer or turkey license is an additional $24 , bonus antlerless licenses are $24 for the first and half off for all succeeding ones . You can take as many antlerless as an individual county allows , which can be as high as 8 . With what yours is increasing to you could easily find an offer for a low fixed rate credit card and charge them , then pay them off month by month . Speak to your bank and see if they have a good deal on one . I bought my lifetime license that way .
Old 11-14-2006, 12:39 PM

I wish that the state offered a lifetime license, I would definately pay for that. I could deal with a 20% increase every couple of years. This year MI also limited the number of anterless tags to 3 per person even on private property (which is all I hunt on). If they increase the prices maybe it will stop people from shooting at whatever moves in the woods. This year bow hunting I have never seen so many small deer in my life.
Old 11-14-2006, 01:09 PM
Typical Buck

Vermont - License - $20.00 - Firearms and bear tag included
Bow Tag - $17.00
Muzzleloading Tag - $17.00
Turkey Tags (3) - $17.00

Old 11-14-2006, 01:23 PM
Dominant Buck

I always get the supper combo with all tags, upland stamp, migratory stamps, archery stamp, saltwater stamp and fishing license. 64 bucks I believe. You will pay a lot more if you buy it all separate.