Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

License prices

Old 03-03-2002, 09:26 AM

Default License prices

In my state(OK) licenses and certain things along those lines are the only income for the wildlife department here. Is this the case in every state or are there areas where the DNR is a govt. run thing?
Here, licenses have been a steady price for who knows how long. But, The department is having major income problems and has boosted the prices to twice as much. It is going to raise an extra $333,000. There also going to start having permits to where if you even step foot on a peice of ODWC owned land or leased land, you have to have a permit(hunting or not, same with fishing).I think this is a great deal. Its going to keep some of the people you dont wnat out of certain areas, its going to raise more money for research on quail(sue to are rapidly declining population numbers) and this will allow the wildlife department to perform more educational tasks to the public. THe only bad thing is the price. What are your opinions on this subject?
Old 03-03-2002, 02:41 PM

Default RE: License prices

Missouri is prettylucky. The Dept. of Conservation is a total separate entity from the state. They recieve funding from a state wide sales tax. I think this is a better way of doing things because it keeps politicians from making conservastion related decisions. Our permit prices have not increased very much over the last 10 years or so. They did just raise the out of state permit prices.
Old 03-03-2002, 03:14 PM

Default RE: License prices

Hey PSE do you shoot up at Summit?