Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 who gets the deer in this situation? >

who gets the deer in this situation?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

who gets the deer in this situation?

Old 11-11-2006, 12:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default who gets the deer in this situation?

lets say i shoot a deer, {with a bow or rifle} and hit a gut shot, but i dont know where i hit it, than someone else shoots the same deer, in the lungs and kills it, how does he prove that his shot was the fatal one or that my shot wasent the fatal one?
and who gets the deer?
Old 11-11-2006, 12:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: who gets the deer in this situation?

the lung shot if he sees it fall teh last one that shoots it while alive get the deer no matter what but i hope the person would be decent enough to let the other guy get a pic with it at least for memories of a deer he helped kill
Old 11-11-2006, 12:40 PM
Giant Nontypical

This subject was already posted about a month ago and everyone that replyed agreed that the shooter that made the killing shot gets the deer.
I don't think anyone's opinion changed since then inculding my own.
Old 11-11-2006, 12:52 PM
Boone & Crockett

I must not have replied to that thread because I believe in first blood if it's a fatal shot, it's that shooters deer regardless of gut shot etc...if it's only a flesh wound first, the killing shot gets the deer. Why is the lung shooter entitled to a deer if a gut shot deer runs his way and the shooter follow up's on his lethal shot. As far as I'm concerned, the second shooter is not entitled to the deer.

What if a guy heart shoots one, it runs a 100 yards and right before it falls over another guy lung shoots it, same scenerio, both lethal as well as gut shot, lethal, why is the second shooter entitled to a dead deer walking?
Old 11-11-2006, 01:03 PM
Spike

Well I hope that the two could agree and work it out but I know in todays world that is almost impossible. But I believe that the first guy to make the fatal shot should be legaly intittled to the deer. I don't know if there are any laws regarding that.

I know my dad several years ago shot a real nice 10 point and made a lethal shot but the buck ran and went over some railroad tracks. My dad track the deer and found it on the other side of the tracks but two guys were already gutting the buck and claiming it was theirs. What do you do when they are there with loaded handguns. A deer is just not worth someones life so dad let them have it. If someone is that determined I would let them have it.
Old 11-11-2006, 01:19 PM
Giant Nontypical

Ok Rob you got a good point and maybe I was a little hastey in my reply.
What I was refering to was a post of a diffrent situation , the buck was running and one hunter shot it in the hip and the other hunter shot it in the neck , I stand corrected
Old 11-11-2006, 01:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

i stand corrected too but i was going by a law i heard someone post oone time that if the deer is shot owunded but still alive with the first shot being fatal ti doesnt matter but i think Rob post makes more sense
Old 11-11-2006, 05:24 PM

I think it ought to be the 2nd hunter because he put the deer down. Wounding and killing are two seperate things.

Regards,

BWjohnny
Old 11-11-2006, 05:49 PM
Dominant Buck

If it was alive when the second guy shot it and then subsequently died it's his deer . Not much brain work involved there .
Old 11-11-2006, 05:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

I was always taught, and learned in my hunter ed course, that first fatal shot gets the deer. A fatal shot being lungs, heart, neck area, and gut shots. But it really comes down to the two guys that it happens too, to decide.

Quick Reply: who gets the deer in this situation?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.