Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 8pt I 'shot' but he's walking around w/arrow >

8pt I 'shot' but he's walking around w/arrow

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

8pt I 'shot' but he's walking around w/arrow

Old 11-12-2006, 09:39 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: 8pt I 'shot' but he's walking around w/arrow

id think that deer was dead if i saw my arrow hit there. i cant believe that deer is still walking around.
Old 11-12-2006, 10:11 PM
Typical Buck

My grandfather owned a butchershop and to supplement income did many deer upwards of 75-100 per year. I can't tell you how many broadheads parts of arrows slugs we found in deer that were in excellent shape and completely healed. We found a part of a branch in one old bucks gut that was as wide as a humans arm no ill effects were shown on the outside except the scare on the hide. Trust me gramps would get so ticked when he hit those broadheads they sure do a number on the hobart meat saw, . those blades aren't cheap. Its also amazing 1 buck a rather large fellow had probably 6-7 what appeared to be 22 bullets lodged just under the hide between skull and hide 1 had partially cracked the skull all were older like beginning of bow season old but hunter said he showed no ill affects as he was acting normally the morning he had shot him in shotgun season. In conclusion some may die of infection but with cooler temps in the fall lack of flys etc more heal than you think!
Old 11-13-2006, 02:13 AM

Why he must be half cat with 9 lives...now down to 8....lol....i dont know what to say, and i thought things like this only happened to me lol, maybe you can catch him again and try another arrow...lol.....wish ya luck...also thanks for posting this....
Old 11-13-2006, 02:29 AM
Boone & Crockett

That is a nice looking buck and I sure hope someone will get him soon!
Old 11-13-2006, 06:27 AM
Spike

This pic was shown on another bowhunting site last year, along with 2 or 3 other pics of the same buck at the same bait pile. The pics are clearly photoshopped. This was the best pic out of the group. The other pics that were shown even had different colored fletchings.
If this buck really had an arrow stuck there, he wouldn't be eating at a bait pile.

Old 11-13-2006, 09:17 AM
Site Buck Guru

ORIGINAL: Stickin Em

This pic was shown on another bowhunting site last year, along with 2 or 3 other pics of the same buck at the same bait pile. The pics are clearly photoshopped. This was the best pic out of the group. The other pics that were shown even had different colored fletchings.
If this buck really had an arrow stuck there, he wouldn't be eating at a bait pile.
Sorry man, but that's my pic, no photoshopping! The pic is real.
Old 11-13-2006, 01:14 PM
Spike

Sorry Greg. I thought you were posting the pic for the person that started this thread. I do know for a fact that this was posted on another site last year though. I'll see if I can find it.

Old 11-13-2006, 01:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

that picture made the rounds last year, so if its yours, it isn't the lady that started this thread.
Old 11-13-2006, 02:11 PM

how can it live? man i would be pretty upset.