Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Local news puts carbon clothing to the test! >

Local news puts carbon clothing to the test!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Local news puts carbon clothing to the test!

Old 11-09-2006, 08:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Local news puts carbon clothing to the test!

My local news here in Minnesota conducted this test on scent lok and scent blocker clothing. In my opinion tells me exactly what I already expected. You can watch it here.

http://www.myfoxtwincities.com/myfox/pages/News/Detail?contentId=1442309&version=1&locale= EN-US&layoutCode=VSTY&pageId=3.1.1
Old 11-09-2006, 08:47 PM

Default RE: Local news puts carbon clothing to the test!

It was interesting.

I do believe that you need to take the dog test with a grain of salt. As was mentioned by the Scent-Lok reps or whomever, the dogs are trained to pick up the lisghtest odors and react to them, deer by nature won't react to minute traces of human odor, but rather to large amounts introduced into their home in a short period of time.

One more thing to argue about, I suppose.
Old 11-09-2006, 08:53 PM

The dogs are trained to seek the scent. They were getting literally 2 feet away from the person. This test might as well be thrown out the window. Because when talking about a dog, not even the best hunter in the world could hide from them. They would eventually find you or the tree you were in. That is what they are trained to do.
Old 11-09-2006, 08:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

It was interesting but I wonder about the experimental conditions. Did this lady use total scent control? Did she wash her hair in scent-free shampoo? Did she shower with scent-free soap? Did she smoke a cigarrette on the way to work this morning? Does she have scent free deodorant? Was she wearing perfume? Did she brush with baking soda? Were those rubber boots brand new?

The only way to truly test the effect of the clothing is to make sure that all the other "noise" variables like these are eliminated.
Old 11-09-2006, 08:58 PM
Banned

Awesome video!!! Thanks for sharing. My thoughts are the same as they had been before; theproduct is unable to perform as advertised.The dogs were able to smell the human scent out of the little holes in the wood box. I would assume that she used scentproof soaps and sprays. It showed her spray her boots.I am sure that others will see this video(mainly ones that have blown their money on the products) and say that it works and the test was rigged. The debate continues.
Old 11-09-2006, 08:59 PM

What a shock.

Old 11-09-2006, 09:02 PM

She put all that camo on over her regular clothes, that she had probably hosed down with perfume. Not to mention she probably had a fat sack of grass in her pocket.
Old 11-09-2006, 09:05 PM

We should see if they would test out baking soda for us too
Old 11-09-2006, 09:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

Tribal....veeeerrrryy interesting...gzg38b is rite...too many unknowns.. therefore results are inconclusive, arbitrary, and capricious
Old 11-09-2006, 10:33 PM
Fork Horn

its supposed to block scent under the suit so it shouldnt matter whats under there. i didnt watch the video all i had to do was watch hunting shows. every day theres at least one guy wearing scent blocker or whatever other brand that gets totally busted. the last one i saw was one of the drury guys he wore the boots mask suit and got busted anyway. save the money and just stay as scent free as possible with detergents and soaps and sprays just as affective in my opinion. i havent been busted in at leasy 5 years maybe more and ive had plenty of deer downwind just gotta be careful with your clothing.

Quick Reply: Local news puts carbon clothing to the test!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.