Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Local news puts carbon clothing to the test! >

Local news puts carbon clothing to the test!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Local news puts carbon clothing to the test!

Old 11-09-2006, 11:27 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Local news puts carbon clothing to the test!

No surprise - dogs detect humans by their shed skin cells. I believe deer do the same. Suits will do nothing to block the skin cells you shed. See my post: http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=1650095&mpage=1&key=&#165009 5

-fsh
Old 11-10-2006, 04:57 AM
Typical Buck

Maybe I'm just a stupid Hillbilly.....but try this once. Fart in a scent blocker suit and see what happens. If I can't stand it, I bet the deer can't either.

GH
Old 11-10-2006, 06:51 AM
Dominant Buck

If it won't hide you from a dog it can't hide you from a deer either . It doesn't matter that the dogs were specifically trained to locate human scent , they found it and that's all that mattered . In the field a deer that associates human odor with danger will flee the split second he detects it , no different than the dog that's trained to find it , you're still busted .
Old 11-10-2006, 06:57 AM
Banned

I have always known that these suits couldn't be reactivated in a household dryer like the company claims. Did you see how little carbon is actually inside the suit where they had torn it open? That little bit of carbon couldn't soak up a mosquito's fart. I have reformed my opinion of this clothing as unable to perform as advertised to being a total scam and a waste of $.
Old 11-10-2006, 06:58 AM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: kevin1

If it won't hide you from a dog it can't hide you from a deer either . It doesn't matter that the dogs were specifically trained to locate human scent , they found it and that's all that mattered . In the field a deer that associates human odor with danger will flee the split second he detects it , no different than the dog that's trained to find it , you're still busted .
I think she forgot her lucky rock
Old 11-10-2006, 07:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm just surprised they've been able to keep the price so high on the stuff and still sell it.
Old 11-10-2006, 07:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

Define "work". No it doesn't totally eliminate the scent that is misleading. It does help to reduce it considerably. Even the Drury boys who wear their endorsed brand often say that they won't hunt a particular stand cuz the wind is wrong. By minimizing the scent it makes it seem like the human is farther away or was there a while ago. It gives you an edge. Heck if the wind is just right you can go out aftyer 3 days with no shower and having just eaten a limburger liverwurst and onion sandwich and kill a deer!
Old 11-10-2006, 07:17 AM
Banned

Dr Andy, The ad says," Forget the wind, just hunt." Is this false advertising.
Old 11-10-2006, 07:22 AM

ORIGINAL: hardcorehunter

Dr Andy, The ad says," Forget the wind, just hunt." Is this false advertising.
Thats not false advertising; just bad advice.

If it said "This suit completely eliminates 100% of human odor," that would be false advertising.
Old 11-10-2006, 07:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

You're right about that! but the same fa;se advertising exists for all products, toothpaste cars and diet gimmicks. The truth isn't in absolutes but in using common sense. The right car won't nessesarily get you the girl(it might help if all you have is a bicycle) That toothpaste won't do much for your smile if you smoke and drink coffee and tea,and every diet pill out there says to be used with a sensible diet and exersize plan. I once saw a product called "exersize in a bottle". All I'm saying the stuff helps but it isn't 100%. I never expected it to be.

Quick Reply: Local news puts carbon clothing to the test!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.