Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Local news puts carbon clothing to the test! >

Local news puts carbon clothing to the test!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Local news puts carbon clothing to the test!

Old 11-10-2006, 04:44 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Local news puts carbon clothing to the test!

Alpha, you don't know the half of it... Go someplace and order a Coke and you won't know until it's too late that they slipped you a Pepsi instead. [:'(]

[8D]
Old 11-10-2006, 04:45 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: Arthur P

Alpha, you don't know the half of it... Go someplace and order a Coke and you won't know until it's too late that they slipped you a Pepsi instead. [:'(]

[8D]
Why I ask!! Who wants to drink that Pepsi swill!!
Old 11-10-2006, 04:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

i agree 100% the test is flawed extremely........to clarify something...to reactivate carbon (which is the process of getting it back to activated carbon, you would need to removeother gasious molecules around in a compressed chamber at temperatures in the 1200 degree area) you obviously cannot due,,but what the makers of scent lok or scent blocker, i think, ment was that if you put it in the dryer with that heat it will break off some (not all) of your scent that is bonded to the carbon......so does it work, 100% yes it does.....does is work well enough to cover all your scent so that a deer down wind cannot smell you, i would have to say no....personally i baught some of my scent blocker stuff on ebay very cheap..if anything to give me an advantage....whether it prevents 90% of my odor from leaving me or 20% of my odor,,,that is enough of a difference to give me an advantage that may give me that extra 10 seconds to make a shot...that is how i look at it
Old 11-12-2006, 09:35 PM
Fork Horn

we should see if mythbusters will test thisbut does anyone know for sure if carbon actually holds scent? i just dont like the fact that theres no real proof it these clothing types work but they sell it to hunters at double the cost of the same clothing thats not carbon.
Old 11-13-2006, 07:38 AM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: Arthur P

Chew might be different, but I wouldnt trust it. I guess it also depends on what part of the country you live in. If the deer smell natural tobacoo, it might make a difference. Not much of it growing here in Texas.
Now, burnie... You know that's not right. Here's what it is. Deer down here have learned to associate the smell of "chewin' tubacky" with rednecks, andthey all know what rednecks do when it's huntin' season.[8D]
Lol. That and Milwaukie's Beast.