Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Backpack/Daypack? >

Backpack/Daypack?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Backpack/Daypack?

Old 11-09-2006, 04:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Backpack/Daypack?

I'm looking for a daypack or small backpack with multiple pockets/compartments. I can not seem to find one in a retail store with the softness or quietness of material throughout the pack like I desire to have. I also am not wanting to spend an ungodly amount of money for it. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks, LT
Old 11-09-2006, 04:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Backpack/Daypack?

ttt
Old 11-09-2006, 06:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

I like my backpack i bought from walmart. It has plenty of room. You can fit extra clothes and stuff in it, your calls, scents, every thing you want you can put in it. I think the brand is fieldstaff.
Old 11-09-2006, 08:30 PM
EBB
Spike

I got Cabela's RAIDER pack.
http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/te...pod&id=0016539
It's real small - a Camelback Hydrytion type deal, but well made and pretty versatile. It'll hold your calls, gloves, some rope, sandwich and small thermos. But not more. I like it, you can get the size up in their series.
Old 11-09-2006, 08:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

Louisiana...Gander Mtn. waterproof... backpak..4 zip pockets and waterbottleholder...$20....fannypak 8 pockets..$20
Old 11-10-2006, 12:16 AM

I own the Camelbak Striker and it works great for me stalking or in the stand. It is really great to have the water bladder so you don;t have to fool with bottles. To me it is the perfect size i fit all my calls snacks and extra shirt plus orange vest in it with room to spair. It is not overly big and tension straps allows you to open or close a bellows pocket...perfect size in my opinion! The Raider has only one pocket in it and was too small for my use, It most closly resembles a pure water bladder pack in my opinion.

Dan
Old 11-10-2006, 11:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

I can't use a backpack since I have to carry my stand in on my back every hunt, and I've found that a fanny pack doesn't quite work either.

I use a shoulder bag marketed for waterfowl hunting. I don't know the brand, but it works good. I just wish it was made of the softer fleecy stuff that some of the newer packs are made of. It's louder than my standplwowing through branches.
Old 11-11-2006, 07:41 AM

Bulzeye
I have the same problem i carry my Summit in with me, but i do use a fanny pack, I bought it at Gander Mountain it has 1 large pocket and several others for calls and rangefinder, Binocks, but what i do is i put it on and then just slide the large pocket too where its right in front and it works Great, just a thought?
Old 11-11-2006, 09:39 AM

I use one made by Cat-Quiver. It works great for holding my arrrows and bringing the rest of the stuff anywhere I'm hunting.
Old 11-11-2006, 09:49 AM
Spike

I have a packback i picked up at wally world a couple years ago and what I do is just attach it to my climber and pack it all in. It can get heavy, but not awkward.