Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Scent Lock B. S. >

Scent Lock B. S.

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Scent Lock B. S.

Old 11-09-2006, 06:43 AM
Bartender

Default RE: Scent Lock B. S.

Bingo germ. I smell a rat with that study. It was 2 products against each other. Page 17 has scent lok logo and people who think its great. Studies dont do that especially if independant. Dont get me wrong my bro swears by it and I use a diff brand but admin pushing the product, come on.

Old 11-09-2006, 06:47 AM

ORIGINAL: hardcorehunter

ORIGINAL: Campo

Great post.
I have talked to many this season, both online and in person, who are not at all impressed with it.
I have said it before, and I will say it again. Learn to play the wind, the total elimination of human odors is IMPOSSIBLE!
Exactly Campo; considering 80% of human odor comes from your mouth!!! Can't wear scentloc in your mouth.
Not to mention your bow, fletching, broadheads, the spongy stuff in your quiver, wrist release, breath, nostril hairs, ear wax, dingleberries, and everything in between.

It all reeks to a deer, better off to play the wind propa like.
Old 11-09-2006, 06:54 AM
Dominant Buck

This reminds me of the guys that think a comb-over and a corvette will get them laid.

It still takes a LOT more than buying a suit to consistently get close without getting busted.

jeff
Old 11-09-2006, 06:58 AM

ORIGINAL: SBGobblers

This reminds me of the guys that think a comb-over and a corvette will get them laid.

It still takes a LOT more than buying a suit to consistently get close without getting busted.

jeff
Were you directing that at me? If so I don't understand your correlation between the comb over and corvette versus scent control and wind direction. I don't wear scent-lok but I take all the other precautions I can. I admitted it was human error that got me busted, what else do you want?
Old 11-09-2006, 07:00 AM

OK...what does ScentLok tell us to do? The same stuff we do all the time. Shower w/ scent free soap, use scent free laundry detergent, all that good stuff. Could it be that the ScentLok is NOT what is deterring our scent? Could it be all the scent control measures we ALREADY use?

I have had more deer directly downwind of me this year than I care to admit. Swirling winds are mostly to blame, not much I can do about that. A couple of others just fooled me and came from a direction I didn't expect. Now, I am confident I've been busted by deer that I never even knew were there, no question. But what I can tell you is I've had 7 deer this year straight downwind of me and didn't smell me. They've cut across my path I walked, didn't "stop to smell the cornstalks I brushed as I walked by," and had no idea I was there. And oh, by the way, I've shot 3 of them. ScentLok my arse!!
Old 11-09-2006, 07:00 AM
Bartender

Time to lock this one.
Old 11-09-2006, 07:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

I personallythink you should use what you trust. It's likethe carbon vs. aluminum arrows debate.Both work so use what you feel most comfortable with. Ican't jude myself asI have no personal experience w/it. I have friends that use and it's about 50/50 on their opinions. Some are mad they spent the money others will be buried in it. To each his own. That being said I probably will never own any for two reasons: 1) way too rich for my blood 2) It appears what I'm doing now works because I haven't been winded this year. (that I know of)

I think if you can afford it then try it. Like the cliche goes: You'll never know 'til you try.

Old 11-09-2006, 07:16 AM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: PEAKRUT

Bingo germ. I smell a rat with that study. It was 2 products against each other. Page 17 has scent lok logo and people who think its great. Studies dont do that especially if independant. Dont get me wrong my bro swears by it and I use a diff brand but admin pushing the product, come on.
Not sure why I got a bingo, I was joking with HCH.

As for Justine I find him to be a honest man, I would listento his advice admin or not.

As for Scent-Lok I have used it since 2000, but it is part of my scent control.

IfI was shooting the first deer walk by I would not bother with half of what I do. When you let deer walk by you, you increase the chance he or she will walk behind you. I do what I can with my setups to prevent this from happing.

16 I shot came from the cornfield behind me, wind was out north he came from the south. Now I was not in stare down like Atlas with his deer, but I was in a really good tree, and not hanging out in the open. I was also dressed for the weather; therefore I was not shakingeither, but what do I know[&:]
Old 11-09-2006, 07:21 AM
Typical Buck

i have been using it this year and never been busted and just got my first deer with my bow dead downwind. So far this year i had deer bedded down 25 yards away dead downwind and ive had over 10 deer dead downwind and never even got nervous.
Old 11-09-2006, 07:21 AM

The way I look at it, every little thing we can do to minimize the scent we take into the woods with us helps.

If that means spending the $250 on a full set of scent concealing camoflauge, do it. If it makes you that much more confident then you're going to enjoy yourself that much more.

I haven't yet purchased any scent concealing clothing, but I plan to in the future.

Quick Reply: Scent Lock B. S.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.