Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Scent Lock B. S. >

Scent Lock B. S.

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Scent Lock B. S.

Old 11-09-2006, 06:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Scent Lock B. S.

Return the suit they have a "gaurantee". There is a guy on this site called Todd. He has these scent free rocks that grow in his yard. I'm sure he will cut you a deal. I've started a collection and haven't been winded since. But you have to wear regulare camo for them to work. The rocks and a scent suit will cause you to glow to a deer!

Tom
Old 11-09-2006, 06:14 AM
Host of Hosts

Sounds like human error
I agree. I had 7 deer come from directly downwind of me on Monday and I never got busted. 4 of them passed directly under my tree where I left my pack laying at the base of the ladder. The deer literally walk 12 inches from it and never knew it was there. It was sprayed down with White Lightning.
Old 11-09-2006, 06:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: HNIJustin

Ah yes, the infamous article with zero shred of reliable scientific evidence. "Well I think this" or "I really know what I'm talking about" and "I heard that" doesn't cut it for me. Want the real scientific evidence behind Scent-Lok? Here you go -

http://www.scentlokscience.com

Have fun Atlasman, that should keep you busy for awhile.

I started using Scent-Lok this year after many, many years of the same skepticism that many of you share.On top of that I have been showering in scent-free soap and shampoo since mid-September (and my dry skin is proof of that), and I've made sure all of my gear is as scent-free as possible. I wipe down my bow with scent-killer wipes, I wipe down my hands, neck, and face before I go into the woods, I spray my backpack with scent killer and store it in a plastic tote when not in the field, Ichew Gum-O-Flage every time I got into the woods,etc. So far this year in nearly two months of hunting and a LOT of deer downwind of me I have yet to be busted. Call it fate, call it coincidence, call it all of my scent control adding up to an effective system, I really don't care. Oh, and so far I've killed 3 deer and a coyote this year, and had the opportunity to kill a lot more than that - many of which were directly downwind of me. Imagine that!

For anyone who hasn't personally tried it but only "heard" about it - give me a break. Do yourself a favor - spend the $250 on a Savanna jacket, pants, headcover, and socks. Use it properly - the way it's meant to be used - and then report back with your findings. I'm tired of the "I read an article" or "My friend's buddy said..." type stuff.
I stopped reading as soon as I got to the methods used to test the product. Injected into a jar! What the heck are they even serious. A jar is an air tight container with scent having no means to escape. The day they make a suit that seals you into an air tight enviroment and your still able to shoot your bow then I'll consider their test valid.

This is the equivalent to the soap companies claiming that anti-bacterial soap kills 80% of bacteria on contact. They conduct thier tests on cultured bacteria in a dish and flood the entire dish with soap. Sure, I bet the bacteria dies.

Justin this is just ridiculous.

Tom
Old 11-09-2006, 06:20 AM
Bartender

Have you ever or currently been sponsored by scent lok?
The site sponsored?
Old 11-09-2006, 06:27 AM
Bartender

P.S.- As much as you hunt I guarntee you have been busted. Just not aware?
Old 11-09-2006, 06:31 AM
Banned

ORIGINAL: joe832002

i was in a ground blind i mad myself a few weeks ago and had deer with in ten steps of me and never got busted useing scent-lok clothing. yah its expensive but it will last me forever and was worth every penny i spent.
I was in my Double Bull two weeks ago and had 4 mature does 15 yds downwind of me and they never busted me. No scentlok clothing. The blind helps contain your scent and I use ghost scent eliminating spray.
Old 11-09-2006, 06:32 AM

Great post.
I have talked to many this season, both online and in person, who are not at all impressed with it.
I have said it before, and I will say it again. Learn to play the wind, the total elimination of human odors is IMPOSSIBLE!
Old 11-09-2006, 06:34 AM
Banned

ORIGINAL: Campo

Great post.
I have talked to many this season, both online and in person, who are not at all impressed with it.
I have said it before, and I will say it again. Learn to play the wind, the total elimination of human odors is IMPOSSIBLE!
Exactly Campo; considering 80% of human odor comes from your mouth!!! Can't wear scentloc in your mouth.
Old 11-09-2006, 06:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: PEAKRUT

Have you ever or currently been sponsored by scent lok?
The site sponsored?
I use the term "sponsored" by very loosely. Yes, Scent-Lok is a paid advertiser of this site - they don't "sponsor" me. However, if I didn't believe in their products I simply wouldn't comment on them at all. There are several paid advertisers on this site whose products I don't, and would never, use.

I'm speaking from personal experience as a hunter, not someone trying to grease the wheels. Take it as you will, I'm a man of my word.

And how can anyone ever be 100% sure that they're not being busted by deer they can't see? I'm not psychic. However, I can tell you this. Tuesday November 7th I had a 150" mature buck cross the path where I walked into my stand through a standing corn field, stop to smell the stalks I brushed up against, and never go on alert. He went right back to what he was doing and eventually came in to my estrous bleats. It's hard to beat a mature buck's nose. Usually when they cross human scent I thought they stopped like a "brick wall". Hmmmmm....

Furthermore, later that same night I had 3 does directly downwind of me at 12-20 yards and they never looked in my direction, tried to smell the wind, or showed any signs of being alert. In fact, they didn't spook until I climbed all the way down from my tree and they saw me.

I'll have my videocamera with me and running all weekend. The next deer I see downwind I'll get film of, show you proof of the wind direction with my handy little wind checker bottle, and then post the video for you to see.

And you know what, if you still dont' believe me and want to listen to a bunch of unfounded articles written by "experts" with no real scientific knowlege or background, that's fine. Personally, I really don't care how anyone else hunts but myself. Rob/PA said it best awhile back - I hunt for me and me alone. I'm going to to continue doing what I feel helps make me a more effective and successful hunter. You keep doing whatever it is you do, and all will be right in the world.
Old 11-09-2006, 06:40 AM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: hardcorehunter

ORIGINAL: Campo

Great post.
Exactly Campo; considering 80% of human odor comes from your mouth!!! Can't wear scentloc in your mouth.
If you were a HardCoreHunter you would[8D]

Quick Reply: Scent Lock B. S.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.