Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Fall Gray or Deception Brown >

Fall Gray or Deception Brown

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Fall Gray or Deception Brown

Old 11-05-2006, 08:55 AM

Default Fall Gray or Deception Brown

Hello to all,

I want to purchase a set of Predator Camouflage but am having trouble choosing between the Fall Gray and Deception Brown Patterns. I hunt both Tree stand and Stock in New England Forests. The dilema is that i'm afraid if I purchase the Fall Gray that is will be too White for stocking animals on the ground and that the Deception brown might be better suited. Then again the Fall Gray is better in the stand. Any thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated!

Dan
Old 11-05-2006, 08:59 AM

Default RE: Fall Gray or Deception Brown

I own a set of both camos. That said, I use the fall grey more than the deception, mostly because I am always up in the trees. However, I think deception would be a good choice if you were going to use it for both.
Look at their insulated Warp Knit line...that stuff is awesome, and mighty warm.
Cheers
Old 11-05-2006, 10:35 AM
Boone & Crockett

If I were to buy only on set of Predator camo, it would be the Deception. I could wear Deception in most all circumstances from spring gobbler to fall treestand hunting. Fall Grey being a great late season pattern but not the right choice for early season or spring......personally I thought the Fall Brown was thier best pattern and they discontinued it.

One reason I like what I'm wearing now, great in treestands, great on the ground and all seasons. Win, win.

Old 11-05-2006, 04:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Like others have said it depends on the type of hunting you do. Deception is a better all around pattern. Fall gray dissapears in a tree stand type setting. If you do some ground hunting deception will better suit you.
Old 11-05-2006, 05:46 PM

Thanks to all I really appreciate the help

Dan