Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 Difference between Predator Deception and Fall Gray... >

Difference between Predator Deception and Fall Gray...

Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Difference between Predator Deception and Fall Gray...

Old 11-05-2006, 10:12 PM
Fork Horn

Default Difference between Predator Deception and Fall Gray...

Okay, okay. After all of the reading and searching on the forum, I had to ask some people with camp knowledge about the Predator camo. After being picked off by a few deer this season already, I have decided that I am going to change up my camo selection. I must say, there are some people on the forum that REALLY know their stuff about camo and from the threads I have read, they helped point the flaws out in the mainstream camos.

While looking online at the different Predator patterns, I looked on Cabelas and noticed that they offered the Deception and Fall Gray patterns. Does anyone think that one is better than the other? I've seen both in posts, but wanted to get some other peoples opinions. I am heading to a local shop tomorrow to see if they have anything in stock.. and if they do, I hope to have a jacket and bottom by tomorrows end. So, is Deception better than the Fall Gray or vice versa?
Old 11-06-2006, 06:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Difference between Predator Deception and Fall Gray...

I think for late season leaf-off, open limbed hardwoods, the Fall Grey is a better pattern. It's more open. I think you're less likely to "blob" out. They seem to look right through you if they look at all.
Old 11-06-2006, 08:03 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Difference between Predator Deception and Fall Gray...

Thanks for the reply Wing. I noticed that at about the same time I posted this, that another Predator thread was started in the Bowhunting section. After doing a bit more research and reading, I went ahead and got some of the Deception. Now I'm like a little kid at Christmas time while I wait for it to arrive.