Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 finally!rubs and scrapes >

finally!rubs and scrapes

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

finally!rubs and scrapes

Old 11-02-2006, 06:34 AM

Default finally!rubs and scrapes

this old man has about walked himself to death the last month waiting to find the buck sign to get me excited to bow hunt.i only bow hunt when i can find good active sign and it is just now showing up two weeks prior to gun season.usually,i find rubs and scrapes by the first week in october, but not this year.i was beginning to think there was not a mature buck on the place.i was wrong.i found his loop yesterday and hung my cam over one of the two scrapes he had made.he has torn the saplings up pretty good by breaking them off.pics would not upload.sorry.
Old 11-02-2006, 03:15 PM

Default RE: finally!rubs and scrapes

There are a many other types of sign beside rubs and scrapes to track down a buck. Pay attention to the actual tracks along trails. Your wasting so much quality hunting by only going off these two types of sign.