Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 need some advice on taking a buck >

need some advice on taking a buck

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

need some advice on taking a buck

Old 11-01-2006, 09:12 AM

Default need some advice on taking a buck

would really like to kill abuck , this season , before shotgun season , want a lot dont I! I am hunting a 200 acre plot with hard woods , set aside , surronded by corn fields , my question is I am seeing rubs ,scrapes , and plenty of does. do I set up where I have been seeing the does or do i set up by a rub and scrape . and is it to early to use doe esterous
Old 11-01-2006, 09:31 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: need some advice on taking a buck

would really like to kill abuck , this season , before shotgun season , want a lot dont I!
I know that I am not answering your question, but I'd just like to make a comment.

Don't pressure yourself when hunting. It can only hurt a situation. Let things unfold as they may.

Now of course there are things that you can do to help yourself. But don't put uneeded pressure on yourself.

If you are seeing a lot of does within range, I'd stay in the area you are. The bucks will be after them soon enough this time of year.
Old 11-01-2006, 09:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

If the corn is still standing the deer are more than likely in there. Once that corn starts comming out you will see many more deer in the hard woods near the corn. I would set up on the edge of the hardwoods and the corn where you have been seing the sign. Sounds like a good spot though.
Old 11-01-2006, 09:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

Wish i could tell you but it hasnt been panning out for me this season yet for me either. Hunt those does and the bucks will follow.
Old 11-01-2006, 10:59 AM
Giant Nontypical

Be patient. You will get your chance. as the rut gets here you will start seeing bucks chasing all the does you are seeing now. Be there and be ready. Good luck!