Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Should I "let" him hunt? >

Should I "let" him hunt?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Should I "let" him hunt?

Old 10-30-2006, 01:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Should I "let" him hunt?

Hell, I definitly wouldn't let him them. 20 minutes....20 minutes....C'mon man. I drive 25 minutes (which I don't think is bad), but some hunters drive 1-2 hrs one way to hunt. That is no excuse, I would accuse you of being selfish. I see where your coming from.
Old 10-30-2006, 02:31 PM
Spike

I actually have had similar situations on a couple of the small parcels I hunt. In one instance the landowner asked me, and like you, I felt it was ultimately his decision, so he let the guy hunt on the condition that I have it to myself during my vacation (2 weeks in Nov.). The guy kind of pissed me off though. Removed a bunch of my bright eyes.

On the other parcel, the guy took care of it himself. The idiot never said thank you to the landowner! So he got booted this season and I have exclusive rights.

Don't feel bad. When you hunt those small parcels, it's not like hunting a 400 acre farm. Extra bodies in there WILL screw it up.
Old 10-30-2006, 02:45 PM
BDC
Fork Horn

I agree with your decision. Most hunters dont hunt by themselves. They usually have one-four buddies that hunt with them. Plus, once the word gets out that you let so and so hunt then you will be faced with more people asking you to hunt. At some point you will have to say no. Its hard to do but you dont want to say yes then wish you had said no. I had to tell a guy once that he could no longer hunt my property because there was just too many people hunting. He did not take it well.

We are only talking about 15 acres here. I would not consider keeping 15 acres to yourself greedy.
Old 10-30-2006, 03:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

Don't even think twice about your decision there Bob. 15 acres?? If you told me that you and your son had this place that was fifteen acres, I would not be brazen enough to even ask for permission to hunt it. No reasonable hunter worth his salt would imho. It might be different if this was a guy you knew well and had hunted with before that had some bad luck story, but a stranger, NO WAY!
Old 10-30-2006, 03:35 PM
Typical Buck

I wouldn't feel bad at all. Man 15 acres is not much land at all!! There are already two of you hunting it and IMO three hunters would cause that small parcel to be overhunted in no time!! It might be different if he had absolutely no place to hunt, but that's not the case. I say "you made the right decision."
Old 10-30-2006, 03:36 PM
Typical Buck

I wouldn't feel bad at all. Man 15 acres is not much land at all!! There are already two of you hunting it and IMO three hunters would cause that small parcel to be overhunted in no time!! It might be different if he had absolutely no place to hunt, but that's not the case. I say "you made the right decision."
Old 10-30-2006, 03:37 PM
Typical Buck

Old 10-30-2006, 04:10 PM
Typical Buck

20 min is 20 min at least he has a spot to hunt, your too nice if you let him hunt with u

Old 10-30-2006, 04:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

I agree with most of the others, that is really not a very big parcel and with three guys, it would get crowded in a hurry.
Old 10-30-2006, 04:30 PM
Giant Nontypical

I agree that 15 acres is too small for 3 but you may be able to work something out and get another place for you and your son 20 minutes away that may even be better.

Quick Reply: Should I "let" him hunt?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.