Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 why did the deer stop using good trails? >

why did the deer stop using good trails?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

why did the deer stop using good trails?

Old 10-31-2006, 09:50 PM

Default RE: why did the deer stop using good trails?

Thank you all for the repy's. I am wondering if we CAN over-hunt our land? I went again Monday afternoon. (nothin was keeping me away with a day off work!) It was warm almost 70, it was windy and at the end got real windy!I had just shot a deer there; 30 yards from the stand I shot my doe in; and 10 feet from the gut pile.The only thing I had goin for me was Ihadn't satthere this year.I was just there to be out there.......you know!! I spooked 3 deer just walking in and had a deer just SNEAK up on me!! I thoughtit was the CRACK HEAD squirrel's we have on our land. I'm startin to worry about thegene pool out there! But all the sudden I hear a doe bleat right behind me, as I turned around it was strolling right over the gut pileand then shewalked right to my other stand!!!Would have had another 15 yrd shot! So lot's of does and non seem to bright! or are they just used to human scent, they all bed down in our land and there are2 houses and a farmon the 15 acers around our hunting area.
Oh and Big huntin girl, Hun I will trade places with youif you are REALLY sick of shooting buck's LOL

That was the end of the deer action, getting down in 30 mph wind gusts, from a new (to me) tree stand my husband put uplast, so as you get to the top the steps are very far apart, ( to far for my comfort ) Ihugged the tree several times on the way down, and well you know what the feeling is when you hit the ground, Yep I hugged the tree for another minute orso! lol!

Old 10-31-2006, 10:34 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: why did the deer stop using good trails?

You only see all those deer because they are rut crazed maniacs. They could easily be all different deer from different areas. They may only come through there because it is amajor trail and they all are either getting chased or looking for does. The gun season in most states usually means peak rut. I think you know what peak rut brings? Dumb deer.