Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Question for the enigma guys!! >

Question for the enigma guys!!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Question for the enigma guys!!

Old 10-27-2006, 09:57 AM

Default Question for the enigma guys!!

Ok I have seen the website looked at the camo and looked at the pictures of the guys in the woods wearing it, personally I like the look of it and I was thinking about trying it, I can see how i could wear the bdu jacket over a heavy coat, but I always wear my bib overalls when it gets cold out, how would you use the pants when the weather is frigid other than buy a bigger size and try to layer underneath. Or do they make something that would slip over my bibs. I just figured I would ask and let the guys here with some experience with their products try and help me out.
Old 10-27-2006, 10:11 AM

Default RE: Question for the enigma guys!!

nebraskabuckhunter, i assume you are talking about some sort of light layer like a 3D suit or something like that. Right now a 3D suit is being designed in Enigma Camo. But is not available yet. The best thing I can tell you is to give Chuck a call and talk with him about your needs. That is the beauty of Enigma camo. Every piece is custom made to your exact specifications. So if you want a radio pocket in the center of your back[8D] that can be done for you. Or if you want your suit to fit over many layers Chuck can adjust the size as needed. Like I said before give him a call and he'll work with you.
Old 10-27-2006, 10:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

Nebraska, you are correct about the BDU blouse and you can wear several layers underneath. I've found the pants work the same way. Last Sunday, it was a little bit chilly here in the morning (36 degrees) I wore my baselayers, some very heavy fleece wading pants and had plenty of room because they are so adjustable. Tuesday night I was in a hurry to get in the field because I got off work and put them right over my jeans and had no problems at all. I haven't tried with my bibs on, but I can put my Carharts on tonight and I'll send some pictures of what it looks like. Not sure if you've seen these pictures or not, but this gives you a look at how adjustable the stuff is.

This is tightened up a bit.

This is loosened up.

Old 10-27-2006, 03:28 PM

I think they would adjust out enough to work...Though I'm not sure.....you know what, let me go put on my insulated bibs and pants...let's find out...picture to follow....
Old 10-27-2006, 03:45 PM

OK....well, it does work, though I admit a little on the tight side. If you knew for SURE that's how you would be wearing them most of the time, I would get one size bigger....The size I have are large, I think I would wear the XL w/ my bibs....though what I have will certainly work. They weren't that tough to put on, either. It actually worked better than I thought it would...

Old 10-27-2006, 07:03 PM

Last weekend it was 24 or so out in the morning
I had on,
Bottom, underarmor,long underwear,scentlok pants,Enigma pants
Top,underarmor,long sleeve thermal underwear shirt,long sleeve camo t shirt,long sleeve scentlok shirt,short sleeve scentlok shirt,button up camo flannel shirt,camo hooded sweatshirt and then the Enigma bowhunter jacket

I also talked to Chuck last week about some insulated bibs and jackets for those cold days. He will be working on them. I told him I'll take a set whenever he gets them done and to just let me know how much to send him.
Old 10-27-2006, 07:24 PM
Boone & Crockett

Thus far I've been warm in some cold weather layering under the Enigma. The Wolfskin helps reduce the wind effect which helps tremendously. The insulated will be worked on but after the 3D comes but honestly, once the 3D is out and it will be something impressive you can layer anything under it. I still want some in insulated just for the Wolfskin, wind and water resistance under my 3D suite.
Old 10-27-2006, 07:49 PM
Dominant Buck

Camo is pretty much... Just Camo. Wear what you need for the weather conditions. Brand name, color, etc really aren't that critical.
Old 10-27-2006, 07:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

On sale if at all possible.